Do you use 3.5mm headphone jack on your phone?

nah my phones got telepathic headphones

Obviously, I overuse the headphone jack. Removing the headphone jack was one reason I am not gonna get that overpriced phone(I have another 10 reasons not to). It will cost 60,000₹ in India and that's way too much. I love Windows and Android phone and am not going to change to Apple anytime soon if they keep releasing stuff like this.

Note 7 (only if it stops blowing up :P) is way more better than iPhone 7 in specs. Its display is better. It's more waterproof and whatnot.

I use it.

Everything Apple is doing is BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
Obviously. Apple has made some poor design choices recently. But it's okay, just buy that $ 180 adapter that you'll inevitably lose within the month.
The adapter comes in the box with iPhone 7.

My headphones <3

anybody knows how to make table in signatures?

Well Motorola had reasons to remove audio jack( http://9gag.com/gag/aRe2ooM ) but I can't think any for Apple.

Everyone is thinking how they will loose wireless earbuds but there is one more problem. Its wireless and 180$ so people will try to steal them too.

180$ for a crappy wireless Chinese made headphones? I think i'll pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBrianX
Посмотреть сообщение
180$ for a crappy wireless Chinese made headphones? I think i'll pass.
Nah.. Nothing bad with Moto series. Well it's owned by Lenovo and not known as performance hog, but they have acceptable performace ratio for the price. And gives nearly Nexus experience because of near-stock Android.

Unbranded and thick as a brick chinese phones is always crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroZeus
Посмотреть сообщение
Well Motorola had reasons to remove audio jack( http://9gag.com/gag/aRe2ooM ) but I can't think any for Apple.
Several reasons.
First, their urgent need to make phones smaller and thinner also means that the space they got get smaller and thinner. Going with the 3.5mm jack would have made manufacturing more complicated.

Second, "to make it waterproof". Pretty cool the iphone now got IPX7 certification. Put it underwater for up to 30 minutes, and it might still work afterwards. Sounds like this was just possible because they removed that perforated 3.5mm jack. I wonder how other phones like the xperia z5 got IPX8 certification, waterproof for as long as you like, WITH the 3.5mm jack. Hmm, strange.

Yes, when I blast on the AUX cord to my homies in the coupй ride.

yeah becuz i dont have bluetooth in my car

oh wait i have an iPhone connector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymel
Посмотреть сообщение
yeah becuz i dont have bluetooth in my car

oh wait i have an iPhone connector
Lucky you. Not many head units that support Android over USB. I know Kenwood made some, but most of them works only on Sony phones. I like Alpine better, but there is no USB DAC support for Android And some head units supports android open accessory, but making clicking noise and stutters like hell.

At this.. I like iPhone better, but would never buy it because of this problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrO.GameR
Посмотреть сообщение
Of course everyone uses it, but it's one of the oldest technologies (not arguing if it's bad tho) in both phones and PCs, world will inevitably move on from it to a better option, even if everyone is opposing Apple it's just a matter of time till they follow this path.

I myself have a problem with wires, specially these which are attached to your head :P Basically I don't go a day by without forgetting the wire and moving all of the sudden, making the jack pop out of laptop forcefully, ruined a couple headphones/earpods at the very least so far.

So all in all, even tho apparently everyone hates it, this new stuff works well for me, just hope they'll add a beeping sound or something so you won't lose them that freaking easy.

UPDATE: Just FYI, this was one of the first usages of the technology used in 3.5mm jacks (originally 6.35mm).
UPDATE 2: Fixed the miss-phrase as to not get android fanboys going.
Pretty much all music is recorded with 6.35mm jacks. Every guitar, microphone etc.

Audio is recorded analog, any "digital" has been virtualized. Also, speakers are analog, so the way I see it is the only way to get true audio is via analog. It's the same reason a lot of people still swear by vinyl, And I will admit that I still use it.

You're kinda fucked if you wanna watch something that requires headphones (if you know what I mean).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis-
Посмотреть сообщение
You're kinda fucked if you wanna watch something that requires headphones (if you know what I mean).

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
>limiting yourself to content on a small screen

And the sound quality over Bluetooth isn't good enough for me.
Bluetooth with aptX codec supports max 352kbps and AAC codec (like apple airpod) supports max 250kbps.
The jack supports full CD quality like 1411kbps. Yes the jack does have some loss in wire quality, but that doesnt affect the bitrate.
The time is not ready enough to have everything wireless, imo.

Spotify users will not notice the difference anyway. Because Spotify streams highest possible in 320kbps in premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by aymel
Посмотреть сообщение
>limiting yourself to content on a small screen
I wouldn't say limiting, I'd rather not drag my Computer the bathroom.

yes I use

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I wouldn't say limiting, I'd rather not drag my Computer the bathroom.
just go VR