Do you use 3.5mm headphone jack on your phone?

Do you use the headphone plug on your phone in 2016?
Just a simple question since many rants at Apple (iPhone7) and Motorola (Moto Z) due to drop the jack.
Then later Motorola brings back the jack on Moto Z Play. Do you still use it?

I think most people say yes. Or not?

Yes, of course. I don't see this coming for the PCs, but only to these phones. But who knows, things change, we we may use different things in the future.

I generally think it's a stupid idea. Doubt i'll be getting the iPhone 7 anytime soon.

well duh, how else am I gonna listen to music. Bluetooth headphones are shit, sound lags too much.

No, I use my Apple™ Wireless© AirPods®

Obviously. Apple has made some poor design choices recently. But it's okay, just buy that $ 180 adapter that you'll inevitably lose within the month.

I think they removed it because it would let water in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimble
Посмотреть сообщение
Or because they want people to buy Apple earbuds.

Yea, I use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimble
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes, but the charger port would let water in, also the speaker hole.

It was a stupid decision, if you ask me.
You have to be extremely careful with those things. Since we are human, we are bound to make mistakes.
If you screw up and ruin the headphones, you need to buy a new set, which I suppose will be expensive.
A jack would have meant more replacing possibilities. It still has long way to go. The pole confirms it.

I for one, will be using iPhone 7 and 7+ at work very soon, but I can't say I'm thrilled about it.
It's just another terribly overpriced phone with nothing special to offer.

Of course everyone uses it, but it's one of the oldest technologies (not arguing if it's bad tho) in both phones and PCs, world will inevitably move on from it to a better option, even if everyone is opposing Apple it's just a matter of time till they follow this path.

I myself have a problem with wires, specially these which are attached to your head :P Basically I don't go a day by without forgetting the wire and moving all of the sudden, making the jack pop out of laptop forcefully, ruined a couple headphones/earpods at the very least so far.

So all in all, even tho apparently everyone hates it, this new stuff works well for me, just hope they'll add a beeping sound or something so you won't lose them that freaking easy.

UPDATE: Just FYI, this was one of the first usages of the technology used in 3.5mm jacks (originally 6.35mm).
UPDATE 2: Fixed the miss-phrase as to not get android fanboys going.

I don't get your phrasing. Why do you ask if people are >still< using it? 3.5mm is still the industry standard, it has not been phased out. It's not like VGA and Windows XP, for example, which is slowly being phased out.

In my experience wired stuff just works better, the slight inconvenience of the cable notwithstanding. And that's not just audio but also ethernet, mouse and keyboard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrO.GameR
Посмотреть сообщение
UPDATE: Just FYI, this is one of the first usages of 3.5mm jacks.
Are you from Apple? Lighting or AirPods guy?
That's 6.35mm, not 3.5mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragony92
Посмотреть сообщение
Are you from Apple? Lighting or AirPods guy?
That's 6.35mm, not 3.5mm.
I'm not, but you are obviously an android fanboy by the way you got in such defensive position over a miss-phrase.
I might have phrased that badly because I meant this is one of the first usages of this technology*, but my point still stands, it's a 150 y/o technology, and I don't mind moving on from it.
I could argue with you that 3.5mm is literally 6.35mm, just made a bit more compact, but if I've learned one thing, it's that android fanboys are as dense as a brick, so good luck, whatever you need to say to yourself to keep your internet thug ego alive
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-35253398

Let's start phasing out XLR and all other audio cable types while we're at it and ruin the audio industry that way. There's nothing wrong with 3.5mm jack or any other cable types, they each serve their own purpose and they're very good at what they do for those purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrO.GameR
Посмотреть сообщение
Of course everyone uses it, but it's one of the oldest technologies (not arguing if it's bad tho) in both phones and PCs, world will inevitably move on from it to a better option, even if everyone is opposing Apple it's just a matter of time till they follow this path.

I myself have a problem with wires, specially these which are attached to your head :P Basically I don't go a day by without forgetting the wire and moving all of the sudden, making the jack pop out of laptop forcefully, ruined a couple headphones/earpods at the very least so far.

So all in all, even tho apparently everyone hates it, this new stuff works well for me, just hope they'll add a beeping sound or something so you won't lose them that freaking easy.

UPDATE: Just FYI, this was one of the first usages of the technology used in 3.5mm jacks (originally 6.35mm).
UPDATE 2: Fixed the miss-phrase as to not get android fanboys going.
Wireless headphones/earphones is not a new thing. Most people just don't buy them because they're way more expensive than a wired version.

I guess it's ok if you get that adapter in the package. Hopefully people won't have to buy it.
That way you would still be able to use the jack.
I'd use those wireless plugs just in case I want to listen to some music while charging.

In my opinion there should have been two ports, even if its digital. Having to use one port for everything is going to be a drag.

nope