Python

I started learning Python yesterday and it's quite interesting so far.
I just wanted to ask that if anyone knows which language is similar to PAWN? and is it even worth it? how many years will it take me to script a server from scratch?

Thank you.

C/C++ Looks familiar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydro
Посмотреть сообщение
C/C++ Looks familiar.
C++ does not look familiar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydro
Посмотреть сообщение
C/C++ Looks familiar.
C and C++ are not even familiar to each other. How could be both similar to PAWN?

Anyway, PAWN is similar to C.

Secondly, Python is a very nice language and its the perfect one for modular programming.

PAWN has syntax that is similar to C. I guess it all depends upon your interest to code and your understanding of the language that will determine the amount of "time" you can script your server from scratch.
Your script can be very basic or very advanced based upon the type of server you would like to have anyway.

IMO if you have time to learn more about languages,why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vassilis
Посмотреть сообщение
Python is a very nice language

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkLorD
Посмотреть сообщение
PAWN has syntax that is similar to C. I guess it all depends upon your interest to code and your understanding of the language that will determine the amount of "time" you can script your server from scratch.
Your script can be very basic or very advanced based upon the type of server you would like to have anyway.

IMO if you have time to learn more about languages,why not?

Yes, I do agree with you.
Coding gets more interesting when you're given tasks to fulfill ( in exercies ) and you've to solve the errors and stuff like that.
After completely learning Python, I'll move on to C

and I'd to thank everyone who took their time to reply and help me on this topic.

Thanks

Ph and btw does anyone knows a good website from where I cab learn C for free without upgrading or spending my money?

Thanks

http://www.learn-c.org/

I think Pawn programming language is made using C/C++.
Python is made using C++.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWitcher
Посмотреть сообщение
I think Pawn programming language is made using C/C++.
Python is made using C++.
PAWN is written in C.
Python is written in C and Python.