Wild West train station and train interior

Note: We now have a temp-forum for development purposes, where you can suggest things, give us feedback, and talk about the project. You can register here: http://dev.byethost24.com/

The server I'm working on is based in Tierra Robada and Whetstone (see the map & horse scriptfor some info) . Since the two are far apart and I didn't want to use the continents laying inbetween, I've had to come up with an idea to connect them without doing so. I came up with a train system, and this post shows one of them, plus the train interior. A full trip takes 10 minutes. A 2.5 stop at Whetstone and Angel Pine, and a 5 minute trip.

Everything below has been mapped using the ingame exterior mapping tool, which can be used by anyone who has a property within a radius of 5. Developers can freely use the tool. Also, there is a reason the station looks as bare as this. I have a custom foilage system that will covers most of it with props and vegetation.

Leave some feedback.

EDIT: Here are two pictures showing what the station looks like with all scripts enabled (desert roads + foliage script. The pictures don't show it very well, but all of the green in the pictures render foliage, so the station is surrounded with it.)

This all looks dope, man. I would be really pleased to play in your server. Nowadays I don't play roleplay servers, because they're all classic ones. I'm looking for unique ones like this one, so good luck

I am really interested in this project. I really hope that the development will not stop as other magnificent projects around forums that never got finished!

Nice train, it immediately reminded me of the "Desperados 1: Wanted Dead or Alive" game. Old game, but still great, I still play it sometimes.

I like the idea of connecting the Whetstone and Tierra Robada maps. I've copied both locations and retextured them in snow and grass for my project.

How to you plan to move the train? Attaching objects to vehicles and using the NPC to drive it? You should also use the last wagon for transportation of "horses", if you haven't thought of that already.

I wish you best of luck with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Correlli
View Post
Nice train, it immediately reminded me of the "Desperados 1: Wanted Dead or Alive" game. Old game, but still great, I still play it
That's what I tried to go for. Glad someone recognized the design!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Correlli
View Post
How to you plan to move the train? Attaching objects to vehicles and using the NPC to drive it? You should also use the last wagon for transportation of "horses", if you haven't thought of that already.

I wish you best of luck with this.
I'm currently prioritising the two continents ( retexturing roads, empty lots, etc). I already removed all the buildings, lamp posts, electricity lines and props. After that, I'll work on the trains.

Thanks for your suggestion, by the way. I was wondering how I was gonna do the train, so thanks for saving me some trouble.

And thank you, the good luck means a lot coming from you.

Updated the OP with pictures showcasing the environment script.

It's quite beautiful, although I would go as far as checking everything for authenticity since as far as I know (again, my info is quite biased to movies I saw, haven't researched much) but people used to use sofas way less hence such seats weren't used in trains, they'd be mostly be made of wood.
Also there's a camera somewhere in your pics, I think that should be removed too, too modern for it to be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrO.GameR
View Post
It's quite beautiful, although I would go as far as checking everything for authenticity since as far as I know (again, my info is quite biased to movies I saw, haven't researched much) but people used to use sofas way less hence such seats weren't used in trains, they'd be mostly be made of wood.
Also there's a camera somewhere in your pics, I think that should be removed too, too modern for it to be there.
Hey, thanks man. You're right. The server is portrayed in the late 1800's though (around 1895, 1900). Cameras did exist back then, but they didn't look as modern as the one I used in the map. Regardless, I personally don't mind one or two objects that have a retro look fitting into the atmosphere. After all, it's SA-MP, and I personally want to find a use for most objects that the dev team invented. I hope it doesn't break immersion too much.

And I'll see what I'm gonna do about the cushions. In the project I don't really make changes unless everyone involved agrees, so I will forward your suggestion to the team.

Thanks a lot for your constructive criticism, I barely got any so I'm happy you actually did provide some.

Good luck man, this looks neat.

Maybe you could use a dark texture for sofas. I guess something related to brown would fit perfectly.
Furthermore, since i can't recognise it from screenshots, you could add this object for train's smoke!
Anyway, as always great job.. keep working and please don't forget to post screenshots with the updates.
Fur

ID: 18723