Hosting

removed

It's not SSD based? Those are pretty good specs, but it seems a $3.49 USD VPS from OVH is faster. Try OVH, upgrade from the cheapest package if you want.

You should host your website on a separate server from your SA-MP/TS Server. It should free up some of the lag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydro
Посмотреть сообщение
You should host your website on a separate server from your SA-MP/TS Server. It should free up some of the lag.
Not true, you could even add a forum on top of that and it should run at the same speed.

Oh, and I forgot to mention, it also should include a good DDoS Protection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerX
Посмотреть сообщение
Oh, and I forgot to mention, it also should include a good DDoS Protection.
OVH or NFOServers

I'm not sure what you're doing if you're experiencing noticeable lag on a quad core with under a hundred players. I ran a 100-player server, a MySQL server and an nginx server on a single core once and it was completely fine. Run the profiler plugin for a while.

Do you really need a NASA computer to run a SA-MP server? These specifications serve more than you need, the problem is most likely in your script, keep a eye on OnPlayerUpdate and frequent timers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
Посмотреть сообщение
It's not SSD based? Those are pretty good specs, but it seems a $3.49 USD VPS from OVH is faster. Try OVH, upgrade from the cheapest package if you want.
Well, samp really doesnt care about the HDD speed. Unless it uses a really poorly written filesystem a 15-year-old IDE HDD would be fast enough to handle it lefthanded. CPU time is the bottleneck usually.
However, I agree that theres probably something wrong with the script. Those servers should take a bunch of players easily.

I could easily run a handful of servers with those specs. You should check out your script and see any possible errors on that. Does anything specific have to happen before the server starts to lag when there are heaps of players on?