What should i do to learn coding?

Well, things got serious and honestly though it's hard to move on withlife withouthaving a job or something. that could at least support your life, so i'm asking you now if you guys could help me with some advises.
So, i've been into some freelancing websites and it seems they are all legit, which means there is work out there, and people can earn up to 100 hour...and when you hear such amonth ofmoney you say, it's possible to earn money online. anyway i've been searchingin the past last weeks and came across another websites that teach you how to learn coding by practicing and all... but now i feel confused by which places should i start at first:
- HTML and CSS
- JavaScript
- JQuery
- PHP
- Python
- Ruby

and there is more and more...but i honestly i don't really know where to start or what to do...and i wannalearn something that would help me to get a stablized income, please help me if you or if you do know what to do, thank you so much for your help.

PS: Please do not tell me to go workout side or find a job in the real life, i really have my own reasons and honeslty here in were i live there is no good job that could really make a big change in your life nor upgrade your skills, so thanks for reading.

It depends on what you want to do. You can't just put them all in the same bucket, because they are not the same thing.

HTML is the standard markup language for web development
PHP is a server-side scripting language designed for web development
CSS is a language used for describing the presentation of a document written in a markup language.
Javascript, Python, Java, RUBY are programming languages
jQuery is a cross-platform JavaScript library.

Do you see where I'm getting to here?
You need to decide what exactly are you going for.

Haven't I already seen a post like this before??

I would learn javascript since its used in browsers and node.js for web servers (node.js can be used for allot more than just a web server)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFT_HUNTER
Посмотреть сообщение
I would learn javascript since its used in browsers and node.js for web servers (node.js can be used for allot more than just a web server)
Yeah but even with basic scripting knowlegde it's hard to learn it.
I'd suggest HTML and CSS since it's the easiest ones to learn.There are also really good tutorials teaching you them.
Also like Helion said, it all really depends on what you wanna do and learn.

Become a web developer and start freelancing.

I don't know what you want to do but...

If you want to become a freelance website developer, then my advice would be to decide what you want to do in website development. There are three paths (technically four if you count website designer) - front-end, back-end and full-stack developer.

In-house - working within a studio or studio.

Freelance - independent contractor.

Front-end developer focuses on the client side and uses HTML, CSS and JavaScript to create interactive and visually stunning websites. The fancy animations, transitions, colours, hamburger navigation bars... are done using HTML, CSS and Javascript. If you become a freelancer as a front-end developer, it's a good idea to learn Photoshop, Experience Design, Sketch or an alternative user experience design software package because clients will often expect you to be able to design the website, as well as be able to code it. They most likely will not give you a template to work from almost all the time and if they do it's a very rare. You can pay a website designer to design you a website to code but it's very inconvenient and too much time is wasted. An in house front-end developer does not need to be able to design websites, as there will be someone else who will solely work on the designing of the website.

Back-end developer is someone who works in the server side of things. They often use HTML, Rails, Python, PHP and mySQL. You do not necessarily need to know all of those programming languages but it's a good idea to get a wider range of jobs. They do magic with servers, applications and databases. A back-end developer can create a fully functional forum, for example.

Full-stack developer does all of the above but not everyone is capable being able to do both like me. :P

HTML must be learnt for both type of developers because it's the base of the website.

CSS is the designing part.

JavaScript is a programming language used in both front-end and back-end development. jQuery is a framework for JavaScript, which simplifies JavaScript and makes it easier to write (fucking amazing framework).

PHP, Python, Ruby and Rails are programming languages, which are used in back-end development.

mySQL is a programming language used in back-end development and is used to communicated with databases.

If you do not know what to do, try everything and find out what you enjoy the most. Focus on that solely and master it. Do what you enjoy.

Some resources you can try out are: w3schools (the definitions are outdated and wrong but it's an excellent reference), codeacademy (good site for beginners and I'm pretty sad that it didn't exist when I started), stackoverflow (not a very friendly community for newbies but if you are really struggling to sort a problem out, ask there) and MSDN (alternative to w3schools but more updated but not fast to copy and paste from), ******* and ****** (of course).

There is no right way to learn but one the major ways I learnt was by copying and pasting code from w3schools then playing with it to have a feel for it and trying to understand it. If I ever came across a problem, I would ****** for solutions and I would most be directed to stackoverflow threads with people with similar problems (or problems exactly like mine) or blogs. I never once used ******* (lol).

Always try to work on a (personal) project as soon as possible (this is a must) no matter how bad they may be! You need to apply what you've learnt somehow and there is no better way to do it then by starting a challenging (but not too challenging where there is no hope) project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
Посмотреть сообщение
It depends on what you want to do. You can't just put them all in the same bucket, because they are not the same thing.

HTML is the standard markup language for web development
PHP is a server-side scripting language designed for web development
CSS is a language used for describing the presentation of a document written in a markup language.
Javascript, Python, Java, RUBY are programming languages
jQuery is a cross-platform JavaScript library.

Do you see where I'm getting to here?
You need to decide what exactly are you going for.
I love it how you quoted those descriptions directly from Wikipedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku
Посмотреть сообщение
I don't think so unless he doesn't want to waste time on typing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakku
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes I did and modified them a bit. That should suggest that I don't know what I'm talking about.
I am not a native english speaker and I admit that I often have trouble finding the right word for specific terms.
That's why I use different sources for my posts in order to relay an understandable message.