SA-MP on Windows 10 hardlocking PC

Using the Steam version, downgraded to the 1.0 .exe then set compatibility to Windows 7 for both singleplayer and sa-mp, it hardlocks my laptop right after loading when it says "SA-MP 0.3.7 started.."

There is no crash report or anything. How do you fix this?

Moderators delete posts that can help with win10

What do you mean, why?

He's whinging.

What I've seen is that you need to install Marty McFlys Win 8.1 ENB crashfix.

The startup sets several reg settings, and makes it work. Just run it once, and hold the file for next time, just in case.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/i8...8_Crashfix.zip

Thanks, but now when I press connect on a server nothing happens.

You'll be wanting to make sure you have the DirectX 9 runtimes installed as well.

And hi again lol

Right, well I installed the DirectX End-User Runtimes from June 2010 and it still doesn't work. Does everybody with Windows 10 have this issue or what is going on?

I run Windows 10 routinely, and those 2 steps are all you really need.

Worst part is I didn't even have to install any of it to get it to install on the latest release of Win 10. Every other time I've needed to put DirectX, then use the "fix" script. Did you allow the installation of the DirectPlay that it "requires" on first run?

This is with version 1607 (OS Build 14393.51) (Start+R, winver)

It wasn't an installed version either, I simply used my old SAMP/GTA SA folder that I had stashed.

If it's a new install of the free-upgrade Win 10, has your graphics driver updated itself yet? Let windows install it's version, and update it.

Sometimes I've noticed the drivers seemingly sticking, and not updating without a few reboots.

How'd you go?