Dilema

What if my non-roleplay server has some roleplay features? I am thinking for multi-character?

Then it's part roleplay, if you want to consider it that way.

RPG is an underused title.

If you are playing a role of a character and create your own story, then it's roleplay. If you are playing the story of a character that is predefined, then it's RPG. Depends on how you use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameryn
Посмотреть сообщение
If you are playing a role of a character and create your own story, then it's roleplay. If you are playing the story of a character that is predefined, then it's RPG. Depends on how you use it.
Kinda confusing for some, since RPG stands for Role Playing Game...

RPG generally refers to those games that you get a character and you develop it, not necessarily by roleplaying, but by grinding features in the server, RP servers generally focus on the actual RP development than the features of it.

^^ Yea, Levels, and "XP" gains.

"Perks" like the old house cars, and extra health/armor on spawn.

Main difference, to me, between RP and RPG is that the latter has no (requirement for) silly /me and /do. If it requires extensive typing it's an RP, if it doesn't it's an RPG. RPG is fun, RP is not. Many will disagree but that's my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
Посмотреть сообщение
Kinda confusing for some, since RPG stands for Role Playing Game...
I like those samp-specific definitions. A samp roleplay is no RPG, its not a game, its fucking serious. Maybe thats why people tend to overreact that drastically when theres trouble with their favourite RP server.
Then theres reallife, which is even more serious than roleplay. It simulates the real life so extremely well that people tend to forget that its just virtual. Often even experts cant find any differnces to the actual real life, because they are so extremely realistic. Reallife servers are dangerous though, sadly, just recently a 14-year-old hungarian starved to death in his own feces after playing for 9 days straight, but his level 45 ingame char was well-fed and clean till the end. The server owners actually built a monument on mount chilliad to honor this guys extraordinary dedication to the game. His char can be seen standing next to it, played by a NPC.

RPG and Roleplay are pretty much the same thing, but how it's used, RPG is to describe real life features, but in a less strict and light weighted way. And Roleplay, for the opposite of the previous.

Oh, I remember well those days with neither /me nor /do, when our "stories" were way better than today with all that stuff RP servers provide. They replaced fantasy with pointless commands and gave borders to what was left.
Sorry for random rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprtik
Посмотреть сообщение
Oh, I remember well those days with neither /me nor /do, when our "stories" were way better than today with all that stuff RP servers provide. They replaced fantasy with pointless commands and gave borders to what was left.
Sorry for random rant.
Obviously you weren't on such an RP server then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
[...]a 14-year-old hungarian starved to death in his own feces after playing for 9 days straight, but his level 45 ingame char was well-fed and clean till the end. The server owners actually built a monument on mount chilliad to honor this guys extraordinary dedication to the game. His char can be seen standing next to it, played by a NPC.
No disrespect to the 14 year old, but that monument should not have been built.
There's a difference between dedication and addiction. Such behavior should never be encouraged.

I left the RP servers were on with a disgust for the genre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
Посмотреть сообщение
No disrespect to the 14 year old, but that monument should not have been built.
There's a difference between dedication and addiction. Such behavior should never be encouraged.
Aye, a more deterrent memorial should have been built in place. Though I am surprised someone actually let the child do that. Are Hungarian youths allowed to live without their parents or an adult who takes care of them?

Hey people. The topic is not RP and RPG. My main idea was to implement the character system to a freeroam server, so the players will be mostly prevented making more than 1 master account.

Offtopic: I don't like the strict roleplay, I am a fan of RPG. But I can't find any good servers. And for that 14 year-old boy. Doesn't he had a family? Which family will let their child playing a computer game that long, 9 days, non-stop?? I personally don't think this actually happened. Anyways, please leave your replies if you want to say anything ON THE TOPIC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgedition
Посмотреть сообщение
Hey people. The topic is not RP and RPG. My main idea was to implement the character system to a freeroam server, so the players will be mostly prevented making more than 1 master account.

Offtopic: I don't like the strict roleplay, I am a fan of RPG. But I can't find any good servers. And for that 14 year-old boy. Doesn't he had a family? Which family will let their child playing a computer game that long, 9 days, non-stop?? I personally don't think this actually happened. Anyways, please leave your replies if you want to say anything ON THE TOPIC.
Don't call it 'characters' and you'll be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySedeyn
Посмотреть сообщение
Don't call it 'characters' and you'll be fine.
So, if not characters, what should I call it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgedition
Посмотреть сообщение
So, if not characters, what should I call it?
It basically comes down to the same thing: you've got one master account with a bunch of subaccounts. Call it whatever. You can even keep characters if you really want. I doubt anyone cares.

EDIT: Personally, when I hear the word characters when talking about a server, I automatically assume it's an RP server. That's why I suggested to rename it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySedeyn
Посмотреть сообщение
EDIT: Personally, when I hear the word characters when talking about a server, I automatically assume it's an RP server. That's why I suggested to rename it.
Okay. I will rename it.