mobile phone heart rate readings

Post here your heart rate readings from your heart rate reader of your phone while in a resting state.
I have a fast heart probably because I take medication.

You Can't Honestly Be Serious.

I have no heart, so I can't join in with this fun game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteGhost
Посмотреть сообщение
You Can't Honestly Be Serious.
My phone has a heart rate sensor. so I am serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozm8ey
Посмотреть сообщение
My phone has a heart rate sensor. so I am serious
No it doesn't.

I have a similar app and you place your finger over your camera lens and flash and it detects the blood circulation and pulse from the veins.

edit: nvm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSmith
Посмотреть сообщение
No it doesn't.

I have a similar app and you place your finger over your camera lens and flash and it detects the blood circulation and pulse from the veins.
http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1276...the-difference

Stop being ridiculous are you Houdini now?

It isn't that all accurate, though. I've tried it on the S5. Maybe it's better now, but I don't got one on my phone.

Wow! Now people are even idiotic enough to measure their heartbeat with a mobile phone.

Apple Watch is pretty accurate most of the time as far as I know. When you're wearing it properly that is haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard2H
Посмотреть сообщение
http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1276...the-difference

Stop being ridiculous are you Houdini now?
I like how this refers to some app as the nonexistent iphone 5s heart rate monitor, instead of calling it as it is, or at least saying "hear rate monitor app for iphones"

BTW the camera method is pretty accurate. Theres not much magic involved, it requires nothing more than a simple FFT (or even simpler methods) for the brightness of the camera pictures to get the correct heart rate with a maximum tolerance of the camera's fps ratio (typically +-1/1800 bpm). In case light situation (and the app itself) isnt too bad there are no factors that could cause this method to show a too fast or too slow heart rate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
I like how this refers to some app as the nonexistent iphone 5s heart rate monitor, instead of calling it as it is, or at least saying "hear rate monitor app for iphones"

BTW the camera method is pretty accurate. Theres not much magic involved, it requires nothing more than a simple FFT (or even simpler methods) for the brightness of the camera pictures to get the correct heart rate with a maximum tolerance of the camera's fps ratio (typically +-1/1800 bpm). In case light situation (and the app itself) isnt too bad there are no factors that could cause this method to show a too fast or too slow heart rate.
I didn't say it's impossible but the guy that I quoted was.He said that phones doesn't have "this technology" so I linked him an article which says that they does without using any 3rd party application.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard2H
Посмотреть сообщение
I didn't say it's impossible but the guy that I quoted was.He said that phones doesn't have "this technology" so I linked him an article which says that they does without using any 3rd party application.
Didnt mean it like that, it was just a general comment on how iphones are treated when it comes to technology comparisons like that

At least it ain't no "FitBit"

lol, I just checked mine on a random phone, got 90... This usage of the technology should be advertised more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSmith
Посмотреть сообщение
No it doesn't.

Yes it does. Its actually a heart rate sensor. Look at this picture i took of it. Its a samsung galaxy S6 edge +

There's apps for everything now, it's ridiculous. Put two fingers on a coronary artery in your neck or on your wrist and count the beats for 10 seconds. Multiply by 6 to get bpm. If ever there is a technological apocalypse the developed world is screwed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
There's apps for everything now, it's ridiculous. Put two fingers on a coronary artery in your neck or on your wrist and count the beats for 10 seconds. Multiply by 6 to get bpm. If ever there is a technological apocalypse the developed world is screwed.
These things are built into the Galaxys... They're actually pretty awesome. Does a 1 minute scan, showing your beats on the screen, even vibrating slightly to let you fell it.

Screw those other apps though, they're probably dodgy...