UpdateVehicleDamageStatus panels and tires values

Is there no information on the vehicle panel and light damage values?
On the wiki page there is only information on the doors and tires, unfortunately.

http://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php?...3&postcount=11

Took me 5 minutes searching on ******...

Tires are also on the wiki, and they are here https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/TireStates, doors are also on the same method. https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/DoorStates

When you look at that, the panels are similar. You may need to do some trial and error to see what does get done, but still, it's there if you search a bit.

I am totally aware of all the things you listed. Yet they are not at all an answer to my question.
Quote:

On the wiki page there is only information on the doors and tires, unfortunately.

Seem pretty obvious to me that I know the tirestates and doorstates already.

Quote:

Is there no information on the vehicle panel and light damage values?

Again, seems pretty obvious to me that I am looking for the panelstates and lightstates.
Just saying that 'they are similar', or that I need to 'do some trial and error' to find the states out myself is not a good answer.
The function in the link you gave, is by the way also present on this wiki page. It is a function to encode the panel info. To encode the values, you first need the values...

Why would I try to find all possible values myself, if the possibility exists that someone else has already done that.
Say someone already know the values, I wouldn't need to find the values myself. Because that would be redundant work. Why would one reinvent the weel?
I am asking if someone already knows all the possible values for the panels and lights and if they could share them.

How was that so difficult to get?
If you don't know the answer, don't reply. It is just a complete waste of time.

Funny that if you actually checked the first link I gave you to a post on the forums covering the panels, and the doors, you'd have found what you were looking for.

Did you just miss that, or are you simply looking for a problem.

After all, even in that snippet, it actually GIVES you the values that you're saying you need...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaksken
Посмотреть сообщение
How was that so difficult to get?
If you don't know the answer, don't reply. It is just a complete waste of time.
Always keep in mind that a lot of people are active on this forum in their spare time.
They are sacrificing time they could easily spend on things they would rather do, to help you instead.
So if someone does reply and tries to help you, be grateful.

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=611142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
Funny that if you actually checked the first link I gave you to a post on the forums covering the panels, and the doors, you'd have found what you were looking for.

Did you just miss that, or are you simply looking for a problem.

After all, even in that snippet, it actually GIVES you the values that you're saying you need...
No it does not, not at all. You link contains 1 post, wich explains nothing about the different states of the panels. It only show how to encode them.
If you think you know the information in that post is enough, then show me what you think is the value for the following:
  • a damaged front bumper, with a cracked windshield and a completely missing rear bumper.
  • a loose hanging front bumper, with a completely missing windshield and an undamaged rear bumper
Explain me, where in that post you provided, I can find the binary or decimal values for any of these states? This is what I'm asking, the values of these states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
Посмотреть сообщение
Always keep in mind that a lot of people are active on this forum in their spare time.
They are sacrificing time they could easily spend on things they would rather do, to help you instead.
So if someone does reply and tries to help you, be grateful.
There is a huge difference between actually helping someone by providing the correct information and just wasting my time by insisting he is right when he is not and I told him his reply is not what I'm looking for.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbyssMorgan
Посмотреть сообщение
OMG, THANK YOU! At least someone that understands what I mean.
See the definitions in that include on GitHub, Sew_Sumi and SickAttack? That is exactly what I asked for and exactly what needed. I'll update the wiki later today with this useful information.

If you are going to edit the wiki, then you'd better be covering the bitmasking, and not just putting up that that include covers it...

No "See" about it, you were handed the information in 2 ways... One of which you needed to do some work with, another that you had the include, handed to you on a platter.

The second of which has no learning to it.

"Be grateful"

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
If you are going to edit the wiki, then you'd better be covering the bitmasking, and not just putting up that that include covers it...
That is exactly what I had planned to do, since I want to share the information. No need to tell me again to sound clever.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
No "See" about it, you were handed the information in 2 ways...
I was handed the information I asked for just once, in the include.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
One of which you needed to do some work with, another that you had the include, handed to you on a platter.
The second of which has no learning to it.
There is no learning at all here. I did not ask for a piece of code, I asked for data.

You still do not get at all what I asked for. I wanted to know all possible values of the panels and lights. These were not included in the post you linked. They were however in the include by AbyssMorgan.
I'll post everything I wanted to know, since apparently that is needed to aid my argument:
Код:
#define BUMPER_HEALTHY				0
#define BUMPER_CRUSHED				1
#define BUMPER_HANGING				2
#define BUMPER_MISSING				3
#define WINDSHIELD_HEALTHY			0
#define WINDSHIELD_DAMAGED			1
#define WINDSHIELD_MISSING			2
#define LIGHT_ENABLE				0
#define LIGHT_DISABLE				1
This is all I wanted to know, nothing more, nothing less. I didn't need a function to encode the values into one, because I know how to do that.
I don't have anything to learn in this conversation, because I know how binary works.
What I asked for is exactly the same as asking what the decimal value of the ascii # sign is. There is nothing to learn about that. Either you know it is 35 or you don't. I didn't know the values of the panels, there was no wiki information about it, googling didn't help me. Only then, I posted this thread.
Another example: say there was no information at all on the possible sound IDs. Would you still tell me to find out the thousands of possible values myself? Well someone had to look in the GTA SA source files. But if that information was already available, doing this work again would be extremely redundant. I simply asked if this information was known already, well apparently it was, as the snippet above proves.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
"Be grateful"
Oh, I am, to AbyssMorgan. Because he gave me exactly what I needed.
He wasn't sarcastic about it, he didn't want to sound clever by saying "Took me 5 minutes searching on ******...", he didn't tell me to find out the values my self by "doing some trial and error", he didn't insist that he is right when I clearly said it was not the answer I was looking for, he didn't waste my time by continuing to argue and he didn't nearly ruin this thread by turning it in a complete useless argument.
To those people I am grateful, because they actually give valid answers. Not one that is clearly not a helpful answer to the question asked. Such a post is just a waste of forum space, makes others think that the thread is answered and is just not beneficial to this community at all.

You clearly can not handle being proven wrong. You just don't want to admit that either you did not read my first post properly and therefore commented to fast, or that you just thought I asked for something which I clearly said multiple times now that I was not looking for.

God you really go on about it don't you...

I read your post, didn't comment too fast, and yet you were ungrateful at even having anyone look at your thread.

"Proven wrong" is actually open to debate... What has been proven though is that you'd rather have the answer handed to you, than actually do ANY work at all.

But you know, your signature shows that you are a hypocrite. In the future, when I see you asking, I'll be sure to avoid you due to that.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
God you really go on about it don't you...
Yes, so are you.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I read your post, didn't comment too fast, and yet you were ungrateful at even having anyone look at your thread.
No not at all. I was actually happy that I saw my thread was answered and that someone at least tried to help me.
I don't however appreciate comments that start with a sarcastic intro by implying that I did not search what I needed on ******. A comment that doesn't answer the question asked is worse than no comment at all. This is shown time and time again by the Stack Overflow rating system. A negative rated comment says enough about the answer given. Your post, was equivalent to such an answer.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
"Proven wrong" is actually open to debate... What has been proven though is that you'd rather have the answer handed to you, than actually do ANY work at all.
No not at all. I actually do not advise to give people a complete piece of code on how to do something. Most of the time I will just write out the steps they have to do and link them to the needed documentation. Otherwise, people will not learn anything about programming and logical thinking in general. I do agree with you on that (at least something we agree on I guess) and have also demonstrated in a few of the Scripting Help threads. There is however a difference between asking for a data set and asking for a piece of code. I clearly asked for a data set. There is absolutely no point in setting up the data set myself, when that data set is already available. That is so redundant and time wasting. If the data was available on the wiki there would be no discussion and I wouldn't have created this thread. But it wasn't, it was burried somewhere in the forums and ****** didn't help pointing to the thread that provided it, so I asked for it. If no one knew of such a possible data set, then I would indeed have had to construct it myself, but that was not necessary since someone had already done that.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
But you know, your signature shows that you are a hypocrite.
Maybe you think that is the case, but I strongly disagree. When I tell you your post was not the answer I was looking for, it doesn't mean I don't appreciate someone even clicking on the thread. It means that you did not point me in the right direction of what I needed. My reply could have been less sarcastic probably. But I only replied that way, because yours was as well.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
In the future, when I see you asking, I'll be sure to avoid you due to that.
Please do, I do not like to have pointless discussions like this either. It is wasting time for both of us and we don't benefit from it in any way to continue this, other than that we both want to be right. No point to push this thread to the top of the Scripting Help forums again, which is harmful to not yet answered threads.

This is my last post in this thread, not even going to read other replies, because the correct answer was already given some posts ago and this is just wasting time and forum space. This thread turned into an argument which these forums are not the place to do this.

Yea, whatever. You're not the first, and no doubt won't be the last to be a dick about having not what they want handed to them, compared to what may help.