What do you think about LG G4?

LG G4

Hello guys, what do you think about buying LG G4?

Phone desing:

Phone specifications:

Looks like a wallet O_o

2k screen on smartphone = bye bye battery

But... http://blog.checkpoint.com/2016/08/07/quadrooter/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luicy.
Посмотреть сообщение
Looks like a wallet O_o
Hahahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by adri1
Посмотреть сообщение
Mhm, today almost every phone has 2k screen and it doesen't a big problem to this phone. It can handle about one day with normal using.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1N4L
Посмотреть сообщение
Fuck it, if I buy it I will have 2 years of guarantee.

LG user here

I've been using a LG G2 for almost 3 years and counting and I have to say that hardware-wise they did a pretty good job, especially for that price range. Software-wise, it's a mess. Too much bloatware and 5.0 lollipop update introduced many bugs. I had to restart my G2 2-3 times a day because it was running out of memory and also my battery was draining like hell. I couldn't stick to LG lollipop for more than a month and I had to root and switch to a custom rom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spmn
Посмотреть сообщение
LG user here

I've been using a LG G2 for almost 3 years and counting and I have to say that hardware-wise they did a pretty good job, especially for that price range. Software-wise, it's a mess. Too much bloatware and 5.0 lollipop update introduced many bugs. I had to restart my G2 2-3 times a day because it was running out of memory and also my battery was draining like hell. I couldn't stick to LG lollipop for more than a month and I had to root and switch to a custom rom.
Mhm, I think they fix that in G3 and G4. My friend have LG G4 about 8 months and ther isn't any software problems. G4 has 32gb of internal memory and I think that will be enough for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasic
Посмотреть сообщение
Mhm, I think they fix that in G3 and G4. My friend have LG G4 about 8 months and ther isn't any software problems. G4 has 32gb of internal memory and I think that will be enough for me.
Of course newer phones would have those things patched. People won't buy a broken phone. All I'm saying is that LG seems not to really care about the software.

Save yourself some grief and buy some other phone instead.

I'll just be to the point, yes it's a pretty good phone, I once borrowed this phone from my friend for 2 to 3 days and it is good but on the software end, it pretty much sucks.

Been a user of LG G3 for a long time and I have no bad words for it.
Cracked my screen so I'm using iPhone 5 until I get money to fix the screen.

my mates just broke the other day due to a known bug with it http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...-a-fix-1313769

3Ah? That is a bit low for such phone...I know many will say that you may have same battery capacity or even lower but fact stays a fact, its a bit low for such phone, starting with its big screen since that is biggest energy consumer in phone.

You can change the display resolution to 1080p (or even 720p) with a simple adb command on ANY android 5.0+ smartphone.

Код:
adb shell wm size 1080x1920
enter any resolution, it will work

just make sure to adjust the screen density so it looks correct:

Код:
adb shell wm density 480
(480 is usually what most phones use on 1080p)

After you do this, some items on your phone's screen may look glitched. All you need to do is restart your phone after this and it will look perfect.

For some reason, almost no one knows about this and it's super easy. Whenever I get a new phone, I reduce its resolution - it runs so much faster and it improves the battery life slightly.

i dont care because its not an iphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by adri1
Посмотреть сообщение
yep I just got a samsung galaxy S6 edge plus and the battery drains so fucking fast i get max 12 hours out of it daily. Apparently its like this with all new phones, so welcome to the new norm from phones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdv
Посмотреть сообщение
You can change the display resolution to 1080p (or even 720p) with a simple adb command on ANY android 5.0+ smartphone.

Код:

Код:
adb shell wm density 480

After you do this, some items on your phone's screen may look glitched. All you need to do is restart your phone after this and it will look perfect.

For some reason, almost no one knows about this and it's super easy. Whenever I get a new phone, I reduce its resolution - it runs so much faster and it improves the battery life slightly.
This is a nice "hack", but why would you buy a super modern phone with an extreme high-res screen, just to reduce the resolution and make it look worse? Would you buy a 4K PC monitor just to set the PC to 720p? (maybe if you want to upgrade the hardware later on, but this is actually impossible for smartphones)

Also, speed boost is mostly subjective. The phone is especially designed to support the screen resolution without any performance drawbacks. Hardware buffers, ram, and GPU are picked to fit the screen. Speed is a much more important aspect of smartphones today than screen resolution, because theres barely any difference between 1080p and 2K on a tiny 6" phone screen.
Using a screen with a resolution that slows down the phone would be a fatal mistake that would cost a lot in money and reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadaradam
Посмотреть сообщение
One Plus 3, can't go wrong with it.
It is about two times expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALiScripter
Посмотреть сообщение
"Sony?"
I am not fan of Sony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spmn
Посмотреть сообщение
Of course newer phones would have those things patched. People won't buy a broken phone. All I'm saying is that LG seems not to really care about the software.
We will see when I buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scripter18
Посмотреть сообщение
Save yourself some grief and buy some other phone instead.
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapersky™
Посмотреть сообщение
I'll just be to the point, yes it's a pretty good phone, I once borrowed this phone from my friend for 2 to 3 days and it is good but on the software end, it pretty much sucks.
Mhm, I am fan of LG. Almost 3 years I buying just LG phones and I love their software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon
Посмотреть сообщение
my mates just broke the other day due to a known bug with it http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-...-a-fix-1313769
If that happens to my phone I will send it in service, I have 2 years of guarantee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFT_HUNTER
Посмотреть сообщение
3Ah? That is a bit low for such phone...I know many will say that you may have same battery capacity or even lower but fact stays a fact, its a bit low for such phone, starting with its big screen since that is biggest energy consumer in phone.
I know, but now all phones like G5, S6 Edge have same battery capacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdv
Посмотреть сообщение

Код:

Код:
adb shell wm density 480

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
This is a nice "hack", but why would you buy a super modern phone with an extreme high-res screen, just to reduce the resolution and make it look worse? Would you buy a 4K PC monitor just to set the PC to 720p? (maybe if you want to upgrade the hardware later on, but this is actually impossible for smartphones)

Also, speed boost is mostly subjective. The phone is especially designed to support the screen resolution without any performance drawbacks. Hardware buffers, ram, and GPU are picked to fit the screen. Speed is a much more important aspect of smartphones today than screen resolution, because theres barely any difference between 1080p and 2K on a tiny 6" phone screen.
Using a screen with a resolution that slows down the phone would be a fatal mistake that would cost a lot in money and reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeiT
Посмотреть сообщение
i dont care because its not an iphone
Hahhaha, like my brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozm8ey
Посмотреть сообщение
yep I just got a samsung galaxy S6 edge plus and the battery drains so fucking fast i get max 12 hours out of it daily. Apparently its like this with all new phones, so welcome to the new norm from phones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение

As a Samsung user, I would say this phone sucks.
Just kidding, it rocks!