I get this error everytime I try to run the game.

Hello, if anyone helps I would be grateful.

So I got this game. Batman - The Telltale Series

I installed everything correctly and have the latest DirectX running on Windows 7.

Error box:

http://imgur.com/a/4BJhK

EDIT: The developers NEVER reply to support tickets, so another option out.

That's weird, have you tried reinstalling directx?

No? But how is that even a possible fix?

I'd actually be looking at a refund judging by the amount of problems they are having.

If their support isn't replying, then you'd be within your rights to be asking for one seeing as you can't even get the game to run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
I'd actually be looking at a refund judging by the amount of problems they are having.

If their support isn't replying, then you'd be within your rights to be asking for one seeing as you can't even get the game to run.
That's disappointing, as their previous games were amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnZ
Посмотреть сообщение
That's disappointing, as their previous games were amazing.
So you'd rather have a game that actually doesn't work, based on their previous games, that actually worked, just because they were good games...

That's like saying you'd put up with a car that doesn't start, because you liked the last model.

By all means wait for a patch, but the sounds of that error, says something is seriously wrong.

To have it simply come out and be broken, is a bad thing for the company.

Some tips
  • Re-install DirectX (using the web installer) and restart your PC.
  • Re-install the game
  • Wait for a patch to release, its a awesome game but a new patch is coming.
  • Update your gfx software and install side-by softwares like GeForce Experience for GeForce nVidia cards.

This error means that the game needs the newest version of the DirectX, by the way it's not only you with this error, if you ****** this error you'll see some results with Batman too. (Try to search more in ******)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodBuddy
Посмотреть сообщение
This error means that the game needs the newest version of the DirectX, by the way it's not only you with this error, if you ****** this error you'll see some results with Batman too. (Try to search more in ******)
And you mean I don't have the latest version of directx? Because I do.

@AliScripter Seems like the devs dont even know about this problem.

It's crazy because when you search that exception it says there was something sent to the card that crashed it.

try to put the file again and again

The error messeage is device or gfx driver related problem. Use Driver Sweeper to remove old drivers and install new proprietary drivers from Nvidia/AMD, not from Windows Update

http://www.guru3d.com/content-page/g...r-sweeper.html

Edit: Wait.. Does your gfx-card even support DirectX 11?... If not, the game would not start
PC Minimum System Requirements

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz
Memory: 3 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 8 GB Space Free
Video Card: Nvidia GTS 450+ with 1024MB+ VRAM (excluding GT)
DirectX®: Direct X 11
Sound: Direct X 11 sound device
Additional: Not recommended for Intel integrated graphics

Try these:

- Download And Install DirectX 8c,DirectX 11 & DirectX 12
- Download And Install Latest Version Of Microsoft Visual C++ (Not related to this but don't skip trying this step)

Also check if there is written somewhere on your gfx card box "DirectX 11 Supported"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainles5
Посмотреть сообщение
The error messeage is device or gfx driver related problem. Use Driver Sweeper to remove old drivers and install new proprietary drivers from Nvidia/AMD, not from Windows Update

http://www.guru3d.com/content-page/g...r-sweeper.html

Edit: Wait.. Does your gfx-card even support DirectX 11?... If not, the game would not start
PC Minimum System Requirements

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz
Memory: 3 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 8 GB Space Free
Video Card: Nvidia GTS 450+ with 1024MB+ VRAM (excluding GT)
DirectX®: Direct X 11
Sound: Direct X 11 sound device
Additional: Not recommended for Intel integrated graphics
I'm sorry? If my PC doesn't support DirectX 11, I wouldn't be able to run any of the latest games. I have already updated all my drivers as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0P
Посмотреть сообщение
Try these:

- Download And Install DirectX 8c,DirectX 11 & DirectX 12
- Download And Install Latest Version Of Microsoft Visual C++ (Not related to this but don't skip trying this step)

Also check if there is written somewhere on your gfx card box "DirectX 11 Supported"
The minimum requirements is DirectX 11. My PC suports DirectX. I got latest version of Microsoft Visual.

Reinstall if not re-download the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamovic
Посмотреть сообщение
Reinstall if not re-download the game.
You must be kidding me.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
You must be kidding me.
Just do it, maybe some gamefile is corrupt who knows..

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm sorry? If my PC doesn't support DirectX 11, I wouldn't be able to run any of the latest games. I have already updated all my drivers as well.
Duh.. please.. Stop being asshat and tell us what kind of graphic card you use..
You are totally wrong. Many games is backwards compatibility and can run in DirectX 10

All of this over a game that's not GTA SA, nor SA-MP.

You should be chasing up those who made it, and if they can't get it going, get a refund or a new PC to fix it. Either way, it shouldn't be a problem for this forum to be dealing with.