libmysqlclient_r.so.15

libmysqlclient_r.so.15
Known users reply, please those who really know SQL, don't leave topic alone, CENTOS 64 BIT,
Everything fine except mysql.so
Won't use other plugin's so don't suggest.

I had the same issue, I'm pretty sure you can just

cd /usr/lib
wget http://mow.vg/files/libmysqlclient.so.15

or alternatively use mysql_static.so

No... Stop suggesting that... Fix the damn runtimes you are missing.

There's even a tutorial or 3 that cover this very problem.

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=348761

Even though the files and packages may be depreciated, they will tell you that you need to install another version, or if you search about that you'll find what has replaced it.

I also suggest you don't download anything from these sites, and simply look at the procedures and methods undertaken to fix this issue.

You gotta contact the host to add this file or else the script won't work. All the other methods which people are saying are to be done by the host, and the host should have done that before.

Well, the simple solution is to use mysql_static.so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travalle
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, the simple solution is to use mysql_static.so
That's the thing, it's not... It's the LAZY way to go about it...

If you have something that's not working, FIX IT, don't just work around it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flake.
Посмотреть сообщение
I had the same issue, I'm pretty sure you can just

cd /usr/lib
wget http://mow.vg/files/libmysqlclient.so.15

or alternatively use mysql_static.so
Already have that in /usr/lib
and /samp03svr/samp03
Well I am quite familiar with CENTOS
I agree what Sew_Sumi said, not fixed yet.

Well my host said
Quote:

Hello,

Unfortunately we don't provide assistance for this kind of problem, we only take care of the hardware part of your servers. I invite you to contact an outsourcer.

Regards,

Is it a game host or a VPS? If they are a game host and you are paying them, this should almost hint to you that they aren't that good.

Like, it's actually real crumby.

Try: sudo yum install mysql-server (if doesn't work, try: sudo yum install mysql)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teo5584
Посмотреть сообщение
Try: sudo yum install mysql-server (if doesn't work, try: sudo yum install mysql)
So where have you got this "try" from?

Try install the mysql-client or use mysql_static.so

We have some more info about this problem (with v16 of the library, but the problem is the same) on the FRAG Knowledgebase - see here: https://www.frag.gs/knowledgebase/10...e-mysql-plugin

Again, all of these aren't fixing it...

The way to fix it, is to install gcc, and the required runtimes.

All you guys are doing is either installing a runtime by fluke, or working around the situation.

And really, if this is Frags solution, then they are obviously not too into "hosting" to actually "fix" the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
Again, all of these aren't fixing it...

The way to fix it, is to install gcc, and the required runtimes.

All you guys are doing is either installing a runtime by fluke, or working around the situation.

And really, if this is Frags solution, then they are obviously not too into "hosting" to actually "fix" the issue.
Did you even read the article that I wrote about this problem? It has nothing to do with gcc, you need the correct version of libmysqlclient for your plugin version.

Libmysqlclient is a library that, like many pieces of software, has been updated as time goes on. The MySQL plugin being used by OP was made years ago and depends on libmysqlclient15. That version of libmysqlclient is also >5 years old, and no modern operating system ships with it or has it available in their package manager. Why? Because they make the newest version available, which is libmysqlclient18. Ideally, the MySQL plugin would run with whatever version of libmysqlclient is installed, but it doesn't work like that.

So what are the solutions? Like I wrote, you can:

1. Update the MySQL plugin to a version that isn't >5 years old - the latest version works with the latest version of libmysqlclient. This is also great for security reasons.

2. Use the static version of the MySQL plugin, which basically has libmysqlclient15 built in. Personally I think updating is best, but if you really want to use a plugin that's 5 years old, this is the equivalent of running with libmysqlclient15 installed except it will work on any host without any effort on their part - which also means you don't have to chase around their support/tech teams.

3. Recompile the plugin on a new version of Linux so that it links to libmysqlclient18, the latest version. Most users won't want to do this because it takes a bit more work, but it's a valid solution if you want/need to continue using the old MySQL plugin.

I didn't write this in the article because it's not a great idea - I'm not doing it for FRAG and no other host should - but 4. get the host to find the ancient libmysqlclient15/16 libs and copy them over to all of their servers. Except they're not available from any modern package management sources anymore because they're very old and very out-of-date, so like some of the solutions on this forum you can hunt them down on some dodgy website. Not really something I want to be doing for my hundreds of clients when #2 is essentially the same solution without the security risks of trying to source some ancient library.

I have written the KB article for the benefit of my clients and everyone else on this forum and believe it's technically accurate and offers very good solutions for this problem - which I know is a common one. You haven't told me why it's poor advice or inaccurate yet, but I eagerly await your comments.

-Edit-

Fact is the user has indeed got a very old version of the plugin.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Incorrect as all shit... Why don't you actually fix your "host"?
Could you link me to an official source for libmysqlclient15 for Ubuntu >14.04 or Debian >7?

Yea, I actually went through a setup for linux, got it setup, then came back to find that indeed, that OPs plugin is WAY out of date.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Is it a game host or a VPS? If they are a game host and you are paying them, this should almost hint to you that they aren't that good.

Like, it's actually real crumby.
Probably a VPS.

About libmysql.dll i use on windows (which runs fine) but .so which doesn't idk about .so
But .dll is compiled on 11/2/2014
This is actually the thing you really wanted to know,
pawn Код:
*     SA:MP MySQL v2.1 Functions
 *  (c) Copyright 2011, StrickenKid
I use that.