Learning MYSQL Suggestions.

I decided to learn MYSQL.Is it fast to learn?Can you suggest me some tutorials?

Well it depends on you.If you understand good and learn fast you'll have no problems.
MySQL is not quite easy but when you get used to it you will have no problems.About the tutorials, there are a lot of good ones that really explain to you about MySQL.

When used correctly it can be very powerful, but it takes a lot of time. About 40 hours to learn the basics and then a whole lot more for the advanced stuff. I'm not trying to scare you are anything, but if you're only going to use it once and aren't fully motivated to learn then you'll have a hard time understanding it all.

The basics:
  • SELECT-component
  • WHERE-component
  • Scalar functions
  • Joins
  • Subqueries
  • SET-function
  • GROUP BY
  • SET-operators
Good SQL tutorials are scarce and I learned most of what I know in college. Unfortunately I am not allowed to share those course documents.

w3schools.com learned me alot, they got tuts for PHP, html, js, css, sql.
But you need to read it slowly and type down notes in like a notepad.

vince i saw your tutorials but they seems complicated for me.

Then start with the basics,there many parts in MYSQL i guess your trying to learn PHPMyAdmin? Then check out some tutorials on the forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteGhost
View Post
Then start with the basics,there many parts in MYSQL i guess your trying to learn PHPMyAdmin? Then check out some tutorials on the forums
Just saying..
phpmyadmin doesn't have to do with sql learning, they're like navicat.
You still use SQL.
PHPMyAdmin are just a frequently used mysql handler.

I bet this is the best way for starting,later you can read tutorials for better understanding:

Take a basic mysql login/register system and re-script it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K0P
View Post
I bet this is the best way for starting,later you can read tutorials for better understanding:

Take a basic mysql login/register system and re-script it.
This ^
I learned basic's from rescripting a login/register/save system, i'm not Pro but everyday i learn something new

Hmm i started to learn SQL using this tutorial https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=609261