Question for serious server owners

Hello, so let`s began with the question which is little longer one. Also I would like to see that serious server owners will reply. Ok, so people are donating to your server, which websites are they using Paypal? Also after they send you money they probably get code right? If they get the code, does they use the same code from transaction to redeem VIP status in game? Maybe it`s stuped question, if someone is not understanding my question I will try to explain better what I am asking.

After the person has successfully donated through paypal or any other transaction mediums, they are emailed a receipt ID by which they have to make a thread or PM the owner, afterwards the admin checks the receipt ID and matches with the one he receieved, after that he gives the player the package items like VIP etc

Some people check the transactions manually and add the rewards manually. But it's also possible to fully automate it through PayPal's IPN (Instant Payment Notification) system. Basically when a successful payment is made PayPal sends a notification to a preset url on your webserver that contains all the information about the payment. If the player was logged into your site then you know which user to add the rewards to. Otherwise you can match on e-mail address or a name they put down in the comment box. The rewards are then added to the account through an SQL query or sent directly to the SA-MP server through the socket plugin.

However I would probably only ever consider using BitCoin again for payments because these payments are final and can't be charged back. It's just too easy for people to abuse the charge back functionality with PayPal. I'm not going to use names but I've known one person who got seriously in debt with PayPal due to chargeback fraud by a user (those in the know will probably get the two people I mean). Besides the fact that you lose the money you earned, each chargeback also incurs a $20 fee on your account that you'll have to pay out of your own pocket, regardless of what the original amount was. So that user made lots and lots of small payments and eventually charged back all of them on accounts of "unauthorized use". I think the total debt due to all the chargebacks was over a $1000. That's insane.

This is the worst case scenario, of course. But it can happen and it is the main reason why I'm not fond of PayPal anymore to receive payments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
Some people check the transactions manually and add the rewards manually. But it's also possible to fully automate it through PayPal's IPN (Instant Payment Notification) system. Basically when a successful payment is made PayPal sends a notification to a preset url on your webserver that contains all the information about the payment. If the player was logged into your site then you know which user to add the rewards to. Otherwise you can match on e-mail address or a name they put down in the comment box. The rewards are then added to the account through an SQL query or sent directly to the SA-MP server through the socket plugin.

However I would probably only ever consider using BitCoin again for payments because these payments are final and can't be charged back. It's just too easy for people to abuse the charge back functionality with PayPal. I'm not going to use names but I've known one person who got seriously in debt with PayPal due to chargeback fraud by a user (those in the know will probably get the two people I mean). Besides the fact that you lose the money you earned, each chargeback also incurs a $20 fee on your account that you'll have to pay out of your own pocket, regardless of what the original amount was. So that user made lots and lots of small payments and eventually charged back all of them on accounts of "unauthorized use". I think the total debt due to all the chargebacks was over a $1000. That's insane.

This is the worst case scenario, of course. But it can happen and it is the main reason why I'm not fond of PayPal anymore to receive payments.
Ahaa, so that`s how it works, well thank you for all info also for warnings to be carefull. Thank you so much +rep Almost I forgot, if anyone else know anything more, just post.

I had a minecraft server which was getting around $200 per month. Then about 2 months ago mojang started black listing server so I started to follow their EULA. Then all I was getting was around $50 (max) and could no longer afford to keep it running, so my server eventually failed. I used paypal and had an automated donation system which once the donation goes through it would send the console command so they're able to get their perks.

Some servers use shop websites with nice automatic systems, this shop can automatically check the receipt ID and give the player their package. I never used it but I have seen different servers using it.

I personally prefer adding the vip status myself, it's not like you're gonna get +10 donors each day, I'd recommend you to have different types of donating like paypal, bitcoin, bank transfer, paysafecard, gift cards, etc, I'm from a country where you can't transfer money directly to other countries so I used a site which overcharged me and it really sucked, more payments methods = more donators

Also teaming up with an irl friend to take care of financial stuff is pretty good