Some questions about MySQL [+REP]

Hej,
I've no knowledge about MySQL
I would like to know which one of MySQL tools I should download because last time I tried I downloaded a lot of crap that I had no idea how to mess with.

In addition I must have wampserver if I want to use MySQL and if yes or no then why?

what is that PHP Admin panel or w/e it is and how it's related to MySQL?

What should I download if I want to start using MySQL?

Wamp server, as you said
phpmyadmin is where the data saved in form of tables, wamp server or XXAMP which gives you access to this phpmyadmin on localhost, for scripting you need to download MySQL plugin and .inc

I feel like I've replied to this thread before ... strictly speaking, NO you don't need wampserver. You can download the MySQL server as a standalone package and you can use a standalone client.

However phpMyAdmin is convenient web interface for managing the server. And because it runs on PHP (just like it says on the tin) it also requires a web server. That webserver is usually Apache but phpMyAdmin can also be installed on other webservers. WAMP (literally Windows - Apache - MySQL - PHP) is a software bundle that bundles all these pieces of software in one package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
I feel like I've replied to this thread before ... strictly speaking, NO you don't need wampserver. You can download the MySQL server as a standalone package and you can use a standalone client.

However phpMyAdmin is convenient web interface for managing the server. And because it runs on PHP (just like it says on the tin) it also requires a web server. That webserver is usually Apache but phpMyAdmin can also be installed on other webservers. WAMP (literally Windows - Apache - MySQL - PHP) is a software bundle that bundles all these pieces of software in one package.
You did but I still had some mark questions about the topic.
btw, I need a VPS to use MySQL? or I can do it with a normal server host?