Where should I host my server?

Hello everyone!

I'm starting a new community and I would like to know where I should host my server at?
I'm just starting so there's no reason to host 100 slots+. I would like to host about 50 slots until i'll get like 40 people on my server then I'll expand. I wanted to know where I should host my server, I tried to host at HostSkool but for some reason I didn't get the server information/panel. (I did everything correct like the previews times I bought samp host from them). Anyway I'd like to get some suggestions about cheap free-lag hosts.

Additionally if you can post some "create free forum" sites i'll be more than happy.

I'm not sure where I should post this thread so I'll post in in serval sections around the forum that approximately fits the topic.

I personally wouldn't consider buying slots anymore. Of course, you don't have to manage anything yourself, but you pay a premium for that. On average you pay € 0.10 per slot, so for 50 slots that's 5 euro/mo. For that money you can get a decent VPS that can host at least triple the slots. You will have a dedicated IP, which is important if you want to set up DNS, and you will always be able to use port 7777.

Icyboards are very good free forums hosting software or whatever it is called.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
I personally wouldn't consider buying slots anymore. Of course, you don't have to manage anything yourself, but you pay a premium for that. On average you pay Ђ 0.10 per slot, so for 50 slots that's 5 euro/mo. For that money you can get a decent VPS that can host at least triple the slots. You will have a dedicated IP, which is important if you want to set up DNS, and you will always be able to use port 7777.
Honestly idk how to mess with it and i'm not that expert when it goes to those things.
What is VPS, how much it approximately cost and what's the difference? in addition I'd be able to set a unique IP?
e.g server.domain.com:7777?

You can add a DNS

(server. ........ ) if you have bought a webhost. it's not necesarly a VPS for that.

Ex: I bought for 1 year www.vestigedayz.com ;

i've created server.vestigedayz.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus666
Посмотреть сообщение
You can add a DNS

(server. ........ ) if you have bought a webhost. it's not necesarly a VPS for that.

Ex: I bought for 1 year www.vestigedayz.com ;

i've created server.vestigedayz.com
Yeah but it gives you the option to use the default port apposed to having server.xxx.comort

https://www.ovh.com/us/vps/vps-ssd.xml

If you're gonna use a VPS, OVH is a good host. VPS's starting from $3.49/ month.

I can not recommend OVH.
Better use myVirtualServer.

VPS = Virtual Private Server (also known as vServer).

> Webhost (like Forum, Enterpage, UCP ....)
> Teamspeak (with 32 or up to 512 Slots (NPL Licence))
> Gameserver (with 1000 Slots)

Its all in one for 2-5€ per month.

You can describe a VPS as a remote computer.
There can you do anything you can on your laptop/pc.

On a samp server host, you're restricted by almost everything.

I'd say buy from porthosts.com They probably have some coupon.

then why everyone buys server hosts instead of VPS ?