Would you like to play with german users?

Hello Folks!

The question above is near to all what i have to say i think.
Our project team is thinkig about a multilanguage server.

* Fully translated script
* Automaticly translated chat messages (player based messages)

NEIN
Can't Germans generally speak English well anyway?

Multi language script is fine, but the 'chat' should be one language only (for example English)

@PrivatioBoni
Germans learn the english language in school from class 3 to 10 (if i remember, maybe up to class 13 i dont know exactly).

@Gforcez1337
We got a ICP (Ingame Control Panel). What about activating translations for those who want to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangstaSunny
View Post
@PrivatioBoni
Germans learn the english language in school from class 3 to 10 (if i remember, maybe up to class 13 i dont know exactly).

@Gforcez1337
We got a ICP (Ingame Control Panel). What about activating translations for those who want to?
What you could do is make seperate chat channels, for either English/German (which you can join/leave whenever you want) or whatever other language you have available. I personally am not interrested in playing on a server where they all speak a language I don't or barerly understand. :P

This sounds like a script I started coding. Sounds like a great idea to be able to write something up in your native language and it being translated automatically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meller
Посмотреть сообщение
This is exactly like
"No because Germans are all hitler.", is that true? No. Neither are all of them hackers.
What does hitler has to do with cheating :facepalm:

nope

whats the question how are you all answering this

btw polish 4 life shoutout to my homie riddick94 <3

Sounds fun since it would be a fun place for people speaking different languages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzard2H
Посмотреть сообщение
No because Germans are all hackers.
Russians*

Good idea tho'.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
How can every single German be a hacker?Since thats what your message says.I don't know if you were sarcastic or not but this is just stupid..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithCooper
Посмотреть сообщение
How can every single German be a hacker?Since thats what your message says.I don't know if you were sarcastic or not but this is just stupid..
Outta all Germans I know they're all cheaters, that's what I meant Mr.Smartass stop trying to make jokes of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithCooper
Посмотреть сообщение
He meant that based on statistics (no matter how they were gathered), the majority are.

When I added Spanish to our server the playerbase increased a bit; however, the majority of the Spanish users were being banned for hacking (I mean like literally all of them). That kinda makes me regret even adding Spanish to the server, I'm most likely going to remove it. Horrible idea.

So if this is true, no. Not to mention that not even ****** Translate effectively translates messages. And with other players' grammar, even worse. So in general, regarless if the majority are hackers or not, the answer is no. It will be hard to communicate with others. Then there comes the forum, when I sometimes translate messages on this forum to English. It comes out horribly wrong. It will be hard to communicate with admins that are German.

So again, no.

I can confirm that many german users are cheaters.
But also german servers do have a anti-cheat specialy german samplife.

The translation would made with bing (****** translations are terrible).

All our admins can speak english more than enough to communicate with the players and give professional support.

2 channels (chat channels) would end in a massive abuse i think.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
*russians

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamovic
Посмотреть сообщение
*russians
I can 100% say that there are more German cheaters than Russians.
Russians doesn't cheat like Germans does and in fact best cheat developers are from Germany there are only like 3-4 from Russia.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Outta all Germans I know they're all cheaters, that's what I meant Mr.Smartass stop trying to make jokes of me.
Whats with you?I can't make a single statement without you accusing me of making fun of you?Why are you so full of yourself..jeez

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
Посмотреть сообщение
[...]
Most of our server pop is also from spanish people, some of them are either kind. Others spam like crazy. Most hack and get banned (and then get banned 20 times over for ban evasion).