Updating SA-MP Wiki

https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/Introduction

Since SA-MP can run servers with 1000 Players the introduction site is old.
Kye would you maybe?

****** used to update the wiki, but i don't know this isn't updated since a lot of years.

This page was last modified 17:21, 4 December 2009.

We also need a forums CleanUp we dont need alll those old post..

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteGhost
Посмотреть сообщение
IMO not really, the forums also serve as an archive for old topics that can still contain useful information.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Don't be suggesting things when you don't understand how they work in the first instance.

Even though no-one does, when you actually search for various errors, and problems, via ******, with sa-mp in it, it'll point here, to this massive repository, which is why, we have the forums in the first place.

Even though the introduction is out of date, the rest of the wiki isn't.

I also wouldn't be trusting just anyone to actually edit it, because what isn't useful to some, is still useful to others, and all we'd end up with is someone screwing with accuracy because they can't understand what was actually said, or someone will deem a heap of information to be irrelevant and delete it.

Really, things do need updating, but it needs to be done properly, and not in a knee-jerk "this has to be done" method.

It's been up there for so long, it's hardly that out of date, and it's not that hard to see where the real limits are.

Being that you also can't get the 1000 player server files unless you are in a special situation, I wouldn't see that being that inaccurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
Don't be suggesting things when you don't understand how they work in the first instance.

Even though no-one does, when you actually search for various errors, and problems, via ******, with sa-mp in it, it'll point here, to this massive repository, which is why, we have the forums in the first place.

Even though the introduction is out of date, the rest of the wiki isn't.

I also wouldn't be trusting just anyone to actually edit it, because what isn't useful to some, is still useful to others, and all we'd end up with is someone screwing with accuracy because they can't understand what was actually said, or someone will deem a heap of information to be irrelevant and delete it.

Really, things do need updating, but it needs to be done properly, and not in a knee-jerk "this has to be done" method.

It's been up there for so long, it's hardly that out of date, and it's not that hard to see where the real limits are.

Being that you also can't get the 1000 player server files unless you are in a special situation, I wouldn't see that being that inaccurate.
Sigh,I Hate You... Do uk that?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I knew that last week when you started debating shit and making out that I didn't know shit.

You still haven't apologized.

And that, is irrelevant to the thread... Hate me or not, the point is still there.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
We love him and you go to hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreyas
Посмотреть сообщение
We love him and you go to hell.
Notice he didnt turned it into an argument? Hes Chilled.. Your the one making a fuss

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Notice he didnt turned it into an argument? Hes Chilled.. Your the one making a fuss
did i ? then i love you and i hate him. Happy?
OT:yeah i also agree wiki need to be updated.

It should actually say 499 or 999, since it says "with X other people". It would make more sense imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
I knew that last week when you started debating shit and making out that I didn't know shit.

You still haven't apologized.

And that, is irrelevant to the thread... Hate me or not, the point is still there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreyas
Посмотреть сообщение
did i ? then i love you and i hate him. Happy?
OT:yeah i also agree wiki need to be updated.
Lol,I was only joking why would i hate sew and he never did me anything wrong,all he did was speak and your free to do so..

He do make a point some of the old topics would help newbies

However they are some treads that could be removed i mean come on..
Look at the amount of useless tread that are out there just taking up space..
Just shadowing the useful ones..

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Lol,I was only joking why would i hate sew and he never did me anything wrong,all he did was speak and your free to do so..

Implying that you're a newbie yourself.

You've no point here, don't try to prove yourself right because you're wrong. Please stop your useless arguments and instead contribute and make yourself useful.

OT: Kalcor isn't gonna do it, all the BTs have their own servers to handle so I think dugi has to choose somebody trustable to update the wiki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapersky™
Посмотреть сообщение
Implying the you're none other than a newbie.
Yeah i am and...

Wiki accounts are tied to forum accounts, as far as I know. So anyone with an account here should be able to login there with the same information. However this particular page is locked from editing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
Wiki accounts are tied to forum accounts, as far as I know. So anyone with an account here should be able to login there with the same information. However this particular page is locked from editing.
So someone, can like go there, and fuck up the wiki?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meller
Посмотреть сообщение
So someone, can like go there, and fuck up the wiki?
Think you still need rights to change/add stuff to the wiki..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
I always thought wiki accounts had to be created separately so only those with permissions (i.e beta testers ect..) could have them.

yeah this page is in accessible to us but others are.
Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

there is nothing he can do about what he can do when people ask same questions even without searching and i would appreciate the effort he is taking to help newbies