Virus.. URGENT.

Urgh.. Virus virus.. I hate 'em.
and I also hate people who place virus in .rar's they say are a survival gamemode.
Yes, I got a virus from the guy who said he made a survival gamemode,
Now this is how the virus activated;
Once I closed my laptop completly (battery ran out), so my laptop shutted down 100%.
Then when I started the laptop, it became really really slow.
http://i.imgur.com/smqPe87.jpg

Yupp, 1 hour and 35 minutes for 65%, 100% took 2 hours and 22 minutes.
And the package was a normal samp server with a gamemode which would've taken seconds to place in the .rar.
And even to open up something or right click anywhere takes from 5 minutes to 15 minutes to show the "dialog".

I can't open up windows defender because when I'm searching for something, it's just loading and loading.
Anyone know how to fix this?
I really really need the server files, I made alot of progress in that revision.

Two things to prevent and take care of viruses... Malwarebytes and Comodo Firewall...

Malwarebytes is like the best freeware for getting rid of malware and viruses. Comodo is my personal favorite firewall. Comodo is way better than the Windows firewall and it is super useful.

The pair has carried me for years of no viruses. ABSOLUTELY NONE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
Посмотреть сообщение
Two things to prevent and take care of viruses... Malwarebytes and Comodo Firewall...

Malwarebytes is like the best freeware for getting rid of malware and viruses. Comodo is my personal favorite firewall. Comodo is way better than the Windows firewall and it is super useful.

The pair has carried me for years of no viruses. ABSOLUTELY NONE.
The problem now is that, I can't even connect to wifi.

So download them to your phone, and transfer the installers.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
So download them to your phone, and transfer the installers.
I don't have any kind of connection, wifi, bluetooth nothing.

That's why you do not download the first survival gamemode that's sent to you. Trying to actually opening the windows in safe mode, might give you temporary internet connectivity in order for you to download both of the installers mentioned in the previous posts.

EDIT: How are you posting in this thread if you got no internet connectivity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private200
Посмотреть сообщение
That's why you do not download the first survival gamemode that's sent to you. Trying to actually opening the windows in safe mode, might give you temporary internet connectivity in order for you to download both of the installers mentioned in the previous posts.

EDIT: How are you posting in this thread if you got no internet connectivity?
My parents are divorced, so whenever I go to my father I take my laptop with me, at my mother I got a brand new PC.

Edit; forgot to mention. once I restart, the screenis black for like. 5 to 10 min I do see the cursor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meller
Посмотреть сообщение
My parents are divorced, so whenever I go to my father I take my laptop with me, at my mother I got a brand new PC.

Edit; forgot to mention. once I restart, the screenis black for like. 5 to 10 min I do see the cursor.
As long as it ain't freezing before windows starts loading, you're better off.

I guarantee by the time you have a more proper solution someone will have commented on this thread telling you to reinstall Windows. That shouldn't be your first fix.

Get the two programs downloaded and transferred to your computer, and try those first. Well, you don't need Comodo until you get it fixed so you can prevent any more. But definitely get Malwarebytes.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
As long as it ain't freezing before windows starts loading, you're better off.

I guarantee by the time you have a more proper solution someone will have commented on this thread telling you to reinstall Windows. That shouldn't be your first fix.

Get the two programs downloaded and transferred to your computer, and try those first. Well, you don't need Comodo until you get it fixed so you can prevent any more. But definitely get Malwarebytes.
I tried to open anything but it didn't work,
All I need right now, is the files of REVISION-3..-B

There's a couple of Linux LiveCD scanners... Kaspersky has one. AVG apparently also has one.

Comodo have one called the "Comodo Rescue Disk".

These are well worth burning and stashing in your installation media.

Crayder forgot to mention to launch windows in Safe Mode (right before windows logo press/spam F8 ) and use that programs. While safe mode is meant for other things, it may prevent virus from starting at all.

Also to me it does not seem like a virus but rather a problem with OS/Laptop itself. Since booting up is very slow that means something is wrong on lower level, and there are not so many viruses that can inject so low, and if they do, they dont fuck with your OS, they give their best to stay hidden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFT_HUNTER
Посмотреть сообщение
Crayder forgot to mention to launch windows in Safe Mode (right before windows logo press/spam F8 ) and use that programs. While safe mode is meant for other things, it may prevent virus from starting at all.

Also to me it does not seem like a virus but rather a problem with OS/Laptop itself. Since booting up is very slow that means something is wrong on lower level, and there are not so many viruses that can inject so low, and if they do, they dont fuck with your OS, they give their best to stay hidden.
I got into safe mode recently, nothing much I could do, the network feature was not working even though I choosed with network.

DRIFT_HUNTER is trying to break it easy to you.

If you can get into safe mode, try copying the various critical files you need onto USB or something.

Documents, Pictures, Scripts e.t.c.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meller
Посмотреть сообщение
I got into safe mode recently, nothing much I could do, the network feature was not working even though I choosed with network.
You don't want to have networking...

Bump.

Again, you need those LiveCD setups and if you can't connect to the network, you're going to need a cable.

You also need to get the vital files off there as soon as you can, and you could also do that, under the LiveCD onto some USB drive or something.

If none of the above works then take backup and reinstall your system..

No wait.. Do you have System Restore enabled in your system? If so, start in safemode and run System Restore to restore settings before that date you extracted that RAR/ZIP file. This shit may work. Works in some situations where corrupted updates is crashing windows

A good way to protect your pc is to download sandboxie and run any suspecious files sandboxed before running in real so you will know the effects of the file.Even if its a virus,it wont effet your pc as it will be running in sandbox

So, since everyone told me to use that program, and that one.
Re read, I can't open any program, I can only open a folder.

The most effective solution is to reinstall Windows after getting the files you want to keep.

If you can't transfer the files normally or in safe mode, insert the Windows installation disk or boot it from a pen drive, and there is or are ways to prompt up the file explorer. You can then retrieve the files you want (takes longer than normal, but you should be patient if you want your files).

After you get your files, create two partitions, one for Windows and one for all the files (program files goes in the biggest partition). If you have a similar problem in the future (highly likely), you could just format the Windows' partition and reinstall Windows. And everything will still be there (all your files) on the other partition.