Turkish coup d'etat

https://www.reddit.com/live/x9gf3donjlkq

Shieet, my turkish lira bank acc balance is going down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYF8uIBUp2I

I am not sure what exactly this is about ?

What's going on can anyone tell me? I only saw that somebody fired a gun then military came or is this a plan to take down Erdogan?

The Coup failed, people seem to have this misconception that that event last night was the end of the world, that world war three will break out. It will create instability internally, but I doubt there will be any external effects of what happened yesterday.

What happened was, Some of the turkish military soldiers turned rogue(we refer to it as a coup).It failed though.
Some damage was done to the parliament...

I don't know how five army generals and possibly more people who are in-charge are able to fail a coup, probably because they couldn't arrest or kill Erdogan in the right time, yet most coups got reasons, congratulations for Erdogan the ultimate power now and congratulations for having Zero army power now, you killed your army by calling your people, police against it. I would expect another coup in few months, the army wouldn't take it in an easy way.

It is an unfortunate and scary situation. Turkey is now for sure going to have a hard time joining EU now.

Police stopped a military coup in just a few hours? This story seems a little bit too easy to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen
Посмотреть сообщение
Police stopped a military coup in just a few hours? This story seems a little bit too easy to me.
Probably because it was only a small part "division" that started the coup.It wasn't the whole army only the minority I guess.Anyways I highly believe that this is planned by Turkey enemies since Turkey's economy has increased a LOT and big countries doesn't want new competitors

A small "division" of 3000 armed men with assault rifles, tanks, helicopters and fighter jets? How many cops are there in Ankara? Too bad it failed, though. Would love to see that wannabe-dictator gone; censoring and/or prosecuting anyone and everyone that dares to criticize him.

I wouldn't really expect their army to take it easy, with some news about navy take over, it will turn some chaos though.

I'll explain this once and for all. I'm from Turkey btw.

Erdoğan played a little scenario to get what he wants (presidential system). He wants to be Nr. 1 power in Turkey in any possible way. He and his supporters did this action to prove there is no other chance but putting Erdoğan in President.

This country has seen a lot of coups before and this was nothing like those. When a coup rises, military forces' first job is to arrest president and then arrest the prime minister. After that military forces will take over all media channels including social media to prevent a uprising. And all of these actions would have been done in silence. Of course number of military forces is not enough to accomplish a coup.

Have you ever heard a president calling his citizens into the square? To do what? Protect the country? In a coup, there is no protection coming from citizens. Because in a coup, military forces would have already taken over the political leaders and medias. In a coup, it isn't possible to group as citizens because coup has/had/will always takes place in the fking dawn when everyone is sleeping. People will get notice only when they wake up and see bunch of soldiers walking in streets - nothing else.

Thats all about it. This is a complete bullshit casted by Erdoğan and his party.

retarded/staged coup, i can already see it with my own eyes

Edit-...

----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin512
Посмотреть сообщение
What happened was, Some of the turkish military soldiers turned rogue(we refer to it as a coup).It failed though.
Some damage was done to the parliament...
That isn't what a Coup d'etat is, what you described is more like a Mutiny, where the Army go against their superiors. A Coup d'etat is a change of Government that doesn't happen through Voting, its generally revolutions and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsYourDaddy
Посмотреть сообщение
I'll explain this once and for all. I'm from Turkey btw.

Erdoğan played a little scenario to get what he wants (presidential system). He wants to be Nr. 1 power in Turkey in any possible way. He and his supporters did this action to prove there is no other chance but putting Erdoğan in President.

This country has seen a lot of coups before and this was nothing like those. When a coup rises, military forces' first job is to arrest president and then arrest the prime minister. After that military forces will take over all media channels including social media to prevent a uprising. And all of these actions would have been done in silence. Of course number of military forces is not enough to accomplish a coup.

Have you ever heard a president calling his citizens into the square? To do what? Protect the country? In a coup, there is no protection coming from citizens. Because in a coup, military forces would have already taken over the political leaders and medias. In a coup, it isn't possible to group as citizens because coup has/had/will always takes place in the fking dawn when everyone is sleeping. People will get notice only when they wake up and see bunch of soldiers walking in streets - nothing else.

Thats all about it. This is a complete bullshit casted by Erdoğan and his party.
Thanks for the info. I actually herd this on our news. Still I have one more question.
This Erdoğan guy can stay in charge forever? Won't his mandate end at some point? Sorry, I don't know how things roll there.

@trablon @bybaran take your bullshit somewhere else!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE
Посмотреть сообщение
Thanks for the info. I actually herd this on our news. Still I have one more question.
This Erdoğan guy can stay in charge forever? Won't his mandate end at some point? Sorry, I don't know how things roll there.
His power & mandate will eventually end but when that happens, it will be too late for Turkish citizens. They can't see the truth behind a president like Erdoğan. He is a bully and dictator. He will do anything to stay in charge. Over the past 10 years Turkey hasn't achieved a thing in science, sports, education and so on. All he does is use the religion as his shield and free ticket to everything. Unfortunately our unlearned society doesn't see those things.

And because of that a part of army (not all of them) tried to do a coup. If you are able to find the letter they had it read on TRT channel, you'll see they are actually doing this country a favour. (depends on what side you are on) But in the end it's a fail attempt.

If you guys want to know about this coup attempt, I'll gladly give you guys more information.

Well...Some of you guys clearly see past his bullshit.
If the dude continues with this crap, someone will eventually make attempts on his life.