SA-MP Concepts Collection Repository

I know we all have ideas that we would like to see but never have time for, or maybe were too lazy to script. We also may have a collection of scripts we made to play with on the side or to show off. Sometimes we've finished them other times we haven't. Whether or not, or whatever the similar situation, I think I've got you covered.

Yes, there have been threads made for people to comment their ideas but what use are they? They just get filed with unmanaged nonsense or go off topic. Eventually they just become crammed with scrambled ideas and spam. Nobody has time to go through the unsorted ideas and read into them like that. So let's toss out the threads and come together on GitHub.

So basically, I made a repository where all of us can combine our ideas. We can all fork it and add suggestions as pull requests. I will maintain it and accept only reasonable pull requests. By unreasonable I do not mean the ones I don't like, I mean those that are not feasible. I will also add a few other people to maintain it, but only a select few (just enough to actively check pull requests).

After we have a few nice concepts people can come along and look for things to do. Sometimes I get bored and feel like scripting but can't think of anything. I know some of you do the same. This could become useful to all of us.

In the repository there are three folders: includes, filterscripts, and servers/gamemodes. I think it's obvious what each is for. When you are adding your concept, create a markdown (.md) with a short, descriptive name. The basic, preferred format is on the main readme in the repository. You can add example/partly-made scripts with the same name (but with the script extension). The markdown is required since that is where the concept will be described in depth with notes and stuff. The markdown can contain images and whatever you want to help describe.

https://github.com/Crayder/SA-MP-Concepts

I came up with this idea while away from home, I realized that I've made like 14 files with concepts I've come up with on my phone. I figured it'd be a lot easier to sort it all out on GitHub, and since it would be a public repository why not have a public convention?

I'll surely help if I get time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapersky™
Посмотреть сообщение
I'll surely help if I get time.
Sounds great!

I'll be adding a few more... if I get bored enough. I have to be pretty bored to type it all out on my phone. In a few days that won't matter, I'll have my laptop.

I guess that's the only way I can get my ideas to the world, as I cannot script them myself due to the time limitations and hopelessness...

That's a very nice idea. I'll only contribute to existing ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammix
Посмотреть сообщение
That's a very nice idea. I'll only contribute to existing ones
That's perfectly fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex
Посмотреть сообщение
I guess that's the only way I can get my ideas to the world, as I cannot script them myself due to the time limitations and hopelessness...
That's pretty much the entire point.

Since I don't have github;
What about Pokemon Go in SAMP?
I mean like, it is possible, just not the pokemons, but the idea is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meller
Посмотреть сообщение
Since I don't have github;
What about Pokemon Go in SAMP?
I mean like, it is possible, just not the pokemons, but the idea is possible.
No, just no...

Actually i realized lately but the point of this repo or thread is somewhat contradicting.

If people have something new, they can post it here on forums, there are sections and even sub-sections such as "Useful snippets" etc.

There is no limitations on small or big project posting, and in case of multiple users contributing, you can always use GitHub for that.

So what is that i am missing here?

I'm not sure what your confused about. Haven't you ever thought of some gamemode concept but just didn't have the time for it? Or have you started scripting it and never finished? Or how about you have an include idea that you actually almost finished but got tired of it?

Any of those [or a similar] situation, this is for you.

And for you Gammix, I'd say you probably have a bit of these to share.