Does it matter?

Does it matter for players if you have paid services or you use free services such as free forum hosting etc.?

I personally don't care, I'd like a website with player database and stuff but free web hosting also does the job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arastair
Посмотреть сообщение
I personally don't care, I'd like a website with player database and stuff but free web hosting also does the job
I am trying to figure that out, because I am not able to get a credit card, however I don't know if it matters or not.

I always use hostinger.com, No one cares, some people say that they care, but really they don't.

It depends on the free service, if its good then it doesn't matter.

I care. If a little money is invested in a host and a proper domain, it gives me a sense of longevity, or in other words: the server likely won't die within the month. Realistically, people can't tell if you use a free or very cheap host unless that host forces you to put their branding in your server name or on your website *ahem* Ultra-Host *ahem*. But a proper domain name is an absolute must. A forum or site with a .tk or .gs or .some-free-host.com or whatever just screams "amateuristic".

I also want to add that you don't need a credit card to purchase (most) goods and services online. The only real exception being Amazon. I'm almost 25 but I don't have a credit card and I don't plan on getting one in the near future, either. I have my bank account linked up to my PayPal account. Transactions are deducted automatically from my checking account.

Get a PayPal account and pay for a domain, and web hosting. It does matter as free hosts commonly have a gig, either a limit of traffic, or ads.

I generally don't care. However, most servers who use free hosting usually if not always are roleplay and use leaked scripts or copy other servers so they are bad. And if its a new and amazing script idea, Even if it uses free forums.. It will have a good playerbase and most likely will get a better host once they get some donations.

A small example is Russian servers and many Non-English servers, Even though I understand nothing, they are fucking amazing.

E: Offtopic: Use proper titles please.