MySQL & Commands - best way to retrieve info

Howdy folks!

I'm looking for advice when it comes to MySQL and pawn as I'm quite new to this. Doing courses and what not and therefore I'd like to learn the "good way" of doing it to make it as efficient and secure as possible. If you have any good advice when it comes to pawn and MySQL when it comes to SA-MP, please let me know - anything is appreciated.

However, back to the topic. I'm currently working on the registration and login, and it works as of right now but I'm not sure if I should do some changes. Currently there's not much data to load as I just made the script and database. Gender, date of birth, admin, origin along with username, password and ID is the current data being stored in the database. So when a player register it sends a query at the end of the registration, then the player will spawn.

So I'm wondering how it actually works when it comes to retrieving information from the database. A /stats command for instance. Should I retrieve data from the database every time a player uses /stats, or load everything from the start of (when the player logs in/register).

How should I do it?