Questions about MySQL (+REP)

Hello, I never messed with MySQL before but I heard that this is the best files library that I can use.
Until today I was messing only with DOF2 then I left it for Y_INI.

I'd like to know more about MySQL for example why I need WAMP to run it?
If my server is hosted how can it can access the MySQL etc

and if there's a total newbie tutorial about it because I have 0 knowledge about MySQL

MySQL is not a file library, it is a relational database system and completely different both in setup and operation. Strictly speaking you don't need WAMP to run a MySQL server. You can get the installer package from mysql.com and it will install somewhere in your program files. Most people install WAMP or XAMPP because it comes with phpMyAdmin (= a management tool) although there are normal desktop applications as well (e.g. MySQL Workbench).

However, before seriously considering using MySQL - or any other SQL variant for that matter - you should learn the Structured Query Language first. MySQL can be very powerful when used correctly but I regrettably see people here misusing it all the time. It may look fine to them and it might actually produce the desired result on the front-end, but to a trained eye it just looks like a mess.

There is an introduction to SQL tutorial by Sreyas somewhere in the Tutorials section. I have some tutorials in my signature as well, but these are very likely too advanced for someone who's just starting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
MySQL is not a file library, it is a relational database system and completely different both in setup and operation. Strictly speaking you don't need WAMP to run a MySQL server. You can get the installer package from mysql.com and it will install somewhere in your program files. Most people install WAMP or XAMPP because it comes with phpMyAdmin (= a management tool) although there are normal desktop applications as well (e.g. MySQL Workbench).

However, before seriously considering using MySQL - or any other SQL variant for that matter - you should learn the Structured Query Language first. MySQL can be very powerful when used correctly but I regrettably see people here misusing it all the time. It may look fine to them and it might actually produce the desired result on the front-end, but to a trained eye it just looks like a mess.

There is an introduction to SQL tutorial by Sreyas somewhere in the Tutorials section. I have some tutorials in my signature as well, but these are very likely too advanced for someone who's just starting.
I see, thanks a lot. So you have any specific SQL guides that you would recommend me to learn from them before I'll start messing with it? and another question, how much time it would approximately take to learn it?

I'd say about 100 hours of study and practice for a firm understanding. This also includes data modeling; drawing everything out before writing a single line of code. Unfortunately, I don't really have any references because I was thought this subject in college. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to redistribute my course documents, and I'd rather not risk anything by doing so.

Study MySQL, Always do ER (Entity Relationship) Diagrams before using SQL. Heres an example of how to make an ER Diagram. http://www.tutorialspoint.com/dbms/e...esentation.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
I'd say about 100 hours of study and practice for a firm understanding. This also includes data modeling; drawing everything out before writing a single line of code. Unfortunately, I don't really have any references because I was thought this subject in college. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to redistribute my course documents, and I'd rather not risk anything by doing so.
aww :[, this one would be useful? I'm currently watching it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vtl2WggqOg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lirbo
Посмотреть сообщение
aww :[, this one would be useful? I'm currently watching it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vtl2WggqOg
Yeah, Watching video tutorials will help. Although i do suggest doing ER Diagrams while working with SAMP to get a clear in-depth model before putting the work into making things.

https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=609261 hope it helps you

Quote:
Originally Posted by minijackc
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah, Watching video tutorials will help. Although i do suggest doing ER Diagrams while working with SAMP to get a clear in-depth model before putting the work into making things.
I didn't really get what are those ER diagrams are doing.
another question; I'll have to do something like this in my pawn or?

PHP код:
CREATE TABLE Player_Database(id INTEGER PRIMARY KEYname TEXTquantity INTEGER);
INSERT INTO Player_Database VALUES (1"Money"10000); 
if no, where i'll supposed to do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lirbo
Посмотреть сообщение
I didn't really get what are those ER diagrams are doing.
another question; I'll have to do something like this in my pawn or?

PHP код:
CREATE TABLE Player_Database(id INTEGER PRIMARY KEYname TEXTquantity INTEGER);
INSERT INTO Player_Database VALUES (1"Money"10000); 
if no, where i'll supposed to do that?
You don't need to insert an ID as you would make it AUTO Increment. If you are trying to store player data the table should be called 'Accounts' with rows consisting of say.. Username,Password,Money,X,Y,Z,Weapon1 and so forth.

ER Diagrams are basic pre-models you can create to make sure you have everything correct, If you look at the link theres a more indepth explanation.