Testing commands on people by yourself

Hi all,

Just wondering how everyone goes about testing their commands when scripting. By this, I mean the commands that require another player. For example:
  • /heal [playerid]
  • /kick [playerid]
  • /arrest [playerid] [time]
Anything like that really. Reason I ask is because obviously when you're testing locally whilst your scripting, you might only be jumping into test on your own, and not have someone else ready there to test with. Is there a way of opening two SAMP windows, so you can control 2 people?

Just querying really, thanks.

Yes, there is a way of opening second SA:MP - use Sandboxie.

http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?DownloadSandboxie

As said above, but really, any good scripter should be able to test things on theirself, knowing that it will work on other players as well.

But with sandboxie, you can't make 2 persons active, i mean one will afk so can't test well
Is there any solution?

Hello!

When you create a second windows account (so two users) then you can start samp twice.
The address would be "localhost".

Only other way I can think of is to get another PC.

I have 3 PC's, but I use my main PC for coding and testing solo features, then I have a Windows Linx 10.1" tablet which runs GTA SA at 50+ FPS so I can do testing with a second player using that.

Make sure there are no checks in place that make sure the given playerid isn't the player typing the command, and then if there aren't any of those checks, just type in your playerid.

Trust your scripts! You don't need to test every simple command. (/pm, /heal, /me, etc.)
Just get a free hosting (or paid) and invite your friends to help you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawnHunter
Посмотреть сообщение
Trust your scripts! You don't need to test every simple command. (/pm, /heal, /me, etc.)
Just get a free hosting (or paid) and invite your friends to help you.
Mostly when you test your commands (or your whole script) you find the mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinja
Посмотреть сообщение
But with sandboxie, you can't make 2 persons active, i mean one will afk so can't test well
Is there any solution?
The commands work perfectly for testing with SandBoxie...