Script Leaked Please help

Hello we have released that someone has leaked our script at samp forum. https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=610998 . we are trying to consult our legal team , though we want your advice on what are the legal options pleave drop me a pm im yo.u can help. On the other hand i want samp admins/ testers to take some action an this , as we are seriously thinking to take some legal action.

If you want the team to do something, just report the thread. It's that simple. Also, bigger text does not mean a better post...

Report it to be taken down, apart from that, honestly once it's out, people have it and you probably cant stop it from being out there anymore. It's unfortunate that it happened, but you're going to need better security next time then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR3TT
View Post
Report it to be taken down, apart from that, honestly once it's out, people have it and you probably cant stop it from being out there anymore. It's unfortunate that it happened, but you're going to need better security next time then.
Well i think i will be quiting samp this is very demoralizing samp must protect protect legit communities , it must have a way to do something take some action when a script is released i understand that once leaked cant be stoped atleast they could prevent it from being used on hosted tatbs etc, but they wont they want their share of money for the hosted tabs. Well anyways i do not wist to be on samp anymore , im disgusted on how sarcastic people many of them here are , see people like ******, Dugi ,BlueG , X337 etc are and see how there other people are just willing to do anything in order to make their own server grate , when people cant compete directly they choose to do it this way , the thief's way , i had a great time in samp 2 years , my older acc to got banned because i talked about software piracy which no one liked the facts i revealed , though i didnt start the topic i had replied.I also feel it was unfair i had helped so many people and done so much they banned me for sharing my views. Anyways my tenure in samp is over , im would prefer quiting cz , freesamp and every samp venture im in. This is very disgusting , to be honest samp owners just want money , they dont care for legit people, ban me if u want again , i will say the truth. Scripts get leaked but samp owners just say contact their host , when u contact their host they say we cnt do anyhing ask game-mp , and game-mp is always unreachable in these issues, its a vicious cycle they just play blame game none care to help stop the spread of sch things.Anyways there r still many good people in samp i really admire , i would like to thank them all for helping me in everything , from my old community , to my free hosting to everything , i posted for help legit people did stand up to help me. so i thank them all for ur help....... Take care hope SAMP community has a bring future free of fraudsters.

How on earth should the hosted tab know what script you're running? If you uploaded your source file then that's your own fault.

Okay, so to summarize:
  • You are currently ban evading
  • You accuse people like ****** and dugi of banning people from a forum that is totally unrelated to any server, because it would be better for their server? (****** didn't even own a server...)
  • You make a lot of excuses, but you were simply banned for discussing software piracy. (I feel like this was just the last warning of many, which resulted in a ban)
  • You think you are above the rules because you "helped a lot of people". (I wonder how much you really helped people, with that attitude of yours and all)
  • You think that the SA-MP mod is responsible for issues on a specific server.
  • You think that SA-MP is responsible for you losing your source code...
Should I continue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
View Post
How on earth should the hosted tab know what script you're running? If you uploaded your source file then that's your own fault.
See it point is if u report why no action is takes , why isnt there a system where people can get their scripts registered and get accreditation , why arent licenses followed, when someone releases a gm with their full wish why r the original scriptwriters devoid of their credits , why do noobs just edit the name , cant ke acknowledge the efforts of the original scripter, why cant be run like open source communities where the source is open but the original creators are accredited.Simple thing is if i report someone has stolen my website i have DMCA , similarly if someone releases my open source soft with his name we have means to tackle that too ,but in samp we cannot do anything, it protects the scammers 100% , and u know why people have to buy servers from hosts that later cheat then the main reason is samp failing to prevent ddos, how amazing it it it is able to detect ddos but cant block the ip , wierd shit it will tell u server full attack or cookie request but dosent bother to block the ip, if there was a ddos protection no community will fall a prey to hosting companies leading to script leaks, its not fucking security what will u do , we are poor u expect ous to buy exorbitant hosts like evolution host , have u seen their price list , have u ? thy are fleecing , why cant game mp sell directly , why r they selling it through middleman who just want to fleece people cant it be on first come first server basis ? This is a whole setup to fleece money from poor kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
View Post
Okay, so to summarize:[*]You accuse people like ****** and dugi of banning people from a forum that is totally unrelated to any server, because it would be better for their server? (****** didn't even own a server...)
[/LIST]
Should I continue?
cant u fucking read u , i said people like dugi and ***** did a lot to the samp community i appreciated them , to show a contrast to those who steal scripts and release then learn before u speak shit

Yes, I can read. Your posts are quite difficult to comprehend, however. I'm not going to quote your wall of text, so here's a short reply to it.

The reason SA-MP does nothing against scripts being leaked is quite simple, it is not their business. If a script gets released here, you can report it and it will be removed, but other than that they have nothing to do with it. If you want it to be taken down, you will have to get in touch with whoever is hosting their server.

Again, your post was quite difficult to read. (I blame the language barrier) What I could get out if it is that you feel this is just one big conspiracy, so let's squash that theory.

Why is hosting expensive? Well, you have to rent hardware from companies. Some of the larger companies even have to pay a lot (and I mean A LOT) of money for things such as DDoS protection, as DDoS attacks are very annoying attacks. They are not as easy to block as you may think.

It seems like you know very little of what you talk about. Not only about the DDoS attacks, but also about the hosted tab listings. Game-mp.com does sell the listing directly, they just have a limited supply of accounts. The other companies have an (or multiple) account(s) on game-mp.com through which they sell listings. The limited supply is to keep it somewhat exclusive. This debunks your theory about it all being one big money conspiracy. If that was the case, there would not be a limit.

And yes, hosting a server costs money. That's the way the world works.

If you are not able to protect your script why you even opened a community? If your script got leaked it's your fault, stop blaming the SAMP community for this

I can understand how you feel but SAMP has nothing to do with it. You should protect your source code