ZCMD, RCMD, LIFE-CMD or DC-CMD

Hi!

Which of the above processors you think is best and do not cause a server crash ?

LIST:
Quote:

ZCMD
RCMD
LIFE-CMD
DC-CMD

Sorry for my bad english!

HELP FAST!

ZCMD is commonly used and safe.

A targeting ? Be good to not cause the server crash

Seriously, those are the 4 you've listed?

YCMD is my top choice by far, then would come ZCMD/iZCMD, and finally would be none other than Pawn.CMD.

YCMD is loaded with features and is quite fast for all of the features it holds. ZCMD and iZCMD are quick and to the point. "Pawn.CMD" is a rather new plugin that is very fast and has some great features that are similar to YCMD's, however, if you are using YSI, Pawn.CMD doesn't support your script yet).

YCMD and ZCMD are the most formally used processors by the community, and Pawn.CMD is gaining popularity rather fast.

None of these will cause your server to crash (no command processor should really, they are only built to process commands).

I consider having many commands a bad design choice. So if you've come to a point where you start to question the efficiency of different command processors, you probably already have too many commands. Of course there are some administrative commands that you can't really get around, but most gameplay elements should be tied to in-game triggers like button presses, pickups or checkpoints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
I consider having many commands a bad design choice. So if you've come to a point where you start to question the efficiency of different command processors, you probably already have too many commands. Of course there are some administrative commands that you can't really get around, but most gameplay elements should be tied to in-game triggers like button presses, pickups or checkpoints.
Not always true, for example, arresting criminals by spamming MMB. A few CnR servers have that.

There's no fun in it, cops become way too OP. And it just ruins the whole concept because civilians refuse to turn wanted.

The same goes for robbing players, it's pretty unfair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
Посмотреть сообщение
Not always true, for example, arresting criminals by spamming MMB. A few CnR servers have that.

There's no fun in it, cops become way too OP. And it just ruins the whole concept because civilians refuse to turn wanted.

theres no difference. players can just bind the arrest/taze command using autohotkey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krest
Посмотреть сообщение
theres no difference. players can just bind the arrest/taze command using autohotkey.
That's why on servers you have to wait a certain time to use another command. Not to mention keybinds are usually prohibited.

So there is a difference, and a big one.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

There's also no fun in seeing your suspect fleeing before your very eyes while you're preoccupied typing a command. You have to take your hands off the mouse and the movement keys which completely breaks your flow. A time restriction can also be implemented on button presses too so that's a nonissue, really.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
There's also no fun in seeing your suspect fleeing before your very eyes while you're preoccupied typing a command. You have to take your hands off the mouse and the movement keys which completely breaks your flow. A time restriction can also be implemented on button presses too so that's a nonissue, really.
It's not that hard to type /cuff (id), use the command, * press T, press the up arrow key, press ESC, jump, press T, use the command and repeat starting at * until you cuff the player. It gives criminals a chance.

How are criminals suppose to escape from cops if cops just spam MMB while running? Not to mention that it's an insta arrest. There's no balance in this, cops are too OP.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
It's not that hard to type /cuff (id), use the command, * press T, press the up arrow key, press ESC, jump, press T, use the command and repeat starting at * until you cuff the player.
Yours and mine definition of "hard" is apparently quite different. Seven different actions versus one button press. Your only argument seems to be button spamming, but like I said you can restrict the command to be used every X seconds or even make it so that it should be held for X seconds while in the vicinity of another player to be successful. You want players to have fun, you don't want to frustrate them. No other game that isn't text-based relies on commands for crucial gameplay elements.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Yours and mine definition of "hard" is apparently quite different. Seven different actions versus one button press. Your only argument seems to be button spamming, but like I said you can restrict the command to be used every X seconds or even make it so that it should be held for X seconds while in the vicinity of another player to be successful. You want players to have fun, you don't want to frustrate them. No other game that isn't text-based relies on commands for crucial gameplay elements.
If you ever played on CnR servers that are based on commands and CnR servers that are based on insta arrest with MMB. You'll notice the difference, and realize that CnR servers that are based on commands (in regards to arresting) are more fun, more fair and easy. Servers that are based on key presses (in regards to arresting) is just easy, super easy, vastly easy, very very very easy. But that's a bit it, no fun, not fair, just easy for the cop.

There is one major difference:
Commands: Police officer or criminal can win the battle.
Key presses (insta arrest): Police officer always wins the battle.

This makes being a criminal useless in some ways.

You can give me a million reasons why key presses could be better, "make it so that it should be held for X seconds while in the vicinity of another player to be successful" seems like an alternative. But that won't make servers implement it.

This little argument brings me back to the days that I was constantly in TDM servers (still my favorite mode btw), where all of the sparrow whores were always top-dogs. The dick heads took advantage of the sparrows auto-aim and killed everyone in sight. That's when I developed my over-heated script, which causes the sparrows to get overheated after firing for an amount of time. I use a bar to represent just how long is too long and the sparrow get's damaged accordingly.

Quote:
"make it so that it should be held for X seconds while in the vicinity of another player to be successful"
This is what I'd do over both of your sides of this argument, except I have a few ideas that would make it a bit more advanced and much more entertaining to both the cops and the robbers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
Посмотреть сообщение
This is what I'd do over both of your sides of this argument, except I have a few ideas that would make it a bit more advanced and much more entertaining to both the cops and the robbers...
I'm pretty sure that will be hard to arrest players, they can easily get far from you by moving in zig zags or going to the side.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm pretty sure that will be hard to arrest players, they can easily get far from you by moving in zig zags or going to the side.
So you could simulate the cop grabbing the players wrist, but still give the player a chance to get away. Think of it like a little mini game.

The cops grabs the wrist of the robber, the robber can do key combos to break free while the cop puts in key combos to get the other wrist. Whatever you can think of, it's easy to fix. Just use creativity.

This creativity is what we need to make the servers we have today more unique without having problems introducing new concepts.

zcmd for now but i think yourshadow's pawn.cmd is very good but its in its early stage

I like rCmd a lot but have had some issues with it. I just stick to ZCMD these days.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
So you could simulate the cop grabbing the players wrist, but still give the player a chance to get away. Think of it like a little mini game.

The cops grabs the wrist of the robber, the robber can do key combos to break free while the cop puts in key combos to get the other wrist. Whatever you can think of, it's easy to fix. Just use creativity.

This creativity is what we need to make the servers we have today more unique without having problems introducing new concepts.
I would like to see you create that and show us a video of actual gameplay (both sides). I'm curious of how it will perform in-game and how you would arrest a group of criminals, without struggling to arrest a player while the another one just calmly shoots you.

And that's why features like this aren't always implemented.

Challenge accepted?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I would like to see you create that and show us a video of actual gameplay (both sides). I'm curious of how it will perform in-game and how you would arrest a group of criminals, without struggling to arrest a player while the another one just calmly shoots you.

And that's why features like this aren't always implemented.

Challenge accepted?
So your argument is that commands are better against groups of criminals?

First, explain that to me and Vince.

Then your argument on my visitor messages, that it won't be smooth in game?

Explain how it wouldn't be. It's a very simple script and very simple gameplay.

Challenge accepted?

What challenge? And sure I'll do that small task for you if you don't know how to do it, but don't exactly have the time at the moment. Give me like a month or at most two.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

Challenge accepted?

What challenge? And sure I'll do that small task for you if you don't know how to do it, but don't exactly have the time at the moment. Give me like a month or at most two.
Like I said on your visitor messages:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craydar
I don't think you understand how easy of a script that is... You do know how to script, right?
Quote:
If you had read the whole reply, you'd notice that's not the point here. The challenge isn't to make the script, but in making it play well in game. Just like I said, I'm curious on how you're going to combat the issue of the script failing on groups of criminals, while keeping the gameplay balanced.

Since it's pretty easy, it wouldn't be a trouble for you to show off your idea. I'm looking forward to it.
----------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craydar

So regarding the above, in brief, responding to:

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение

Imagine 2 criminals that are teaming up, so while you're grabbing one of the players' wrists, but still giving the player a chance to get away, the other player stands behind you, and shoots you with their sawn offs (sawn offs are common). And wooo hooo, you failed to arrest the player.

This does not only make arresting criminals that team up useless, but also encourages cops to kill criminals that team up.

P.S. Putting the criminal and cop in a virtual world, making them invincible to others and maybe some other aspects aren't options here. Cops and Robbers is part RPG, and doing so would make it unrealistic and pretty annoying.

The challenge is to combat those certain flaws, and not make the script itself. I couldn't care less if you create it and don't give out the source, but since you always have ideas and don't think of all the factors that are involved, like countering features being abused, features failing in certain situations, etc. I'd like to see one of those ideas come to life (taking into consideration the previous, and more).

----------------------------------------------

The same goes for Vince's idea of holding a key while in range of a criminal for X seconds. If you ever played a CnR server before, you'd know that you can barely keep up with a criminal (within a range - a large radius would just be unfair as well) for 3 seconds as they move around a lot. And you said it's suppose to make things easier, but it makes things harder.