How to make applications

Hello, i want to import applications in my server. So when someone connects he must type answers, and then admin to review the applications IG. Or to post the applications in website and the admins to review them on the web, and accept them or decline them there.

How do you build a gamemode? Thats basically what you ask. There is no short answer here. It all depends on what you're looking for. I can point you in the right direction though.

1. You need to collect the answers. You can do this via dialogs
https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/ShowPlayerDialog
https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/OnDialogResponse
etc ...

2. You have to store the answers for an admin to look at. This would be best to do in a database or file. You can use a MySQL plugin or my personal favorite Y_INI. Alternatively you could store it in variables.

3. You need to make a function to look at these variables in-game.

4. You need to make a connection to the database via your website to your server. This requires knowledge in PHP.

You're asking for a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonzoTorres
Посмотреть сообщение
How do you build a gamemode? Thats basically what you ask. There is no short answer here. It all depends on what you're looking for. I can point you in the right direction though.

1. You need to collect the answers. You can do this via dialogs
https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/ShowPlayerDialog
https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/OnDialogResponse
etc ...

2. You have to store the answers for an admin to look at. This would be best to do in a database or file. You can use a MySQL plugin or my personal favorite Y_INI. Alternatively you could store it in variables.

3. You need to make a function to look at these variables in-game.

4. You need to make a connection to the database via your website to your server. This requires knowledge in PHP.

You're asking for a lot.
Is it going to be more easy trough website. Like they post their applications there, i accept them and that allows them to join the server ? Or i need to make again database connections ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ognyanov
Посмотреть сообщение
Is it going to be more easy trough website. Like they post their applications there, i accept them and that allows them to join the server ? Or i need to make again database connections ?
You need to make a connection between the website and the server. You can do this by using PHP code to either query the server directly or use a database. These things are not for beginners. I would suggest that you first read a tutorial on how to save variables to a database or a file.

If you don't know how to develope a server, why even bothering hosting one then? We all know that servers that don't have a owner which can script wont succeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meller
Посмотреть сообщение
If you don't know how to develope a server, why even bothering hosting one then? We all know that servers that don't have a owner which can script wont succeed.
This discussion is created for scripting help, you don't even know what is my idea. So if you're going to help me help me.
By the way i have the answers now.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
This discussion is created for scripting help, you don't even know what is my idea. So if you're going to help me help me.
By the way i have the answers now.
Yeah I would suggest that you look on different tutorials and if you have problems with any code post back each problem here under scripting help and we will help you. Its hard for us to help you without any code. Follow my steps and look under the tutorial section on how to create a login and registration system. That's a good start. If you are not familiar with SQL since before I would go with Y_INI or any other file based storage of data. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonzoTorres
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah I would suggest that you look on different tutorials and if you have problems with any code post back each problem here under scripting help and we will help you. Its hard for us to help you without any code. Follow my steps and look under the tutorial section on how to create a login and registration system. That's a good start. If you are not familiar with SQL since before I would go with Y_INI or any other file based storage of data. Good luck!
Yeah thanks, i need someone to help me with the starting, i like SQLite because i use SQLite browser, which is very easy to use. What is the first gamemode which i must try to create, which is the most easiest ?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah thanks, i need someone to help me with the starting, i like SQLite because i use SQLite browser, which is very easy to use. What is the first gamemode which i must try to create, which is the most easiest ?
If you are familiar with SQL since before I would recommend that you take a look at BlueG's MySQL plugin;
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=56564