Just wondering if it's possible, and if there's any ideas.

So, I thought about a system for my server which could solve the 'greenzone' problem. I honestly, never liked that rule and found it so.. limited. That's why I thought about something, and I think i've seen it before. The idea is like that: When someone creates a shootout in public places such as: Idle-gas, Pizza stack etc. The police will have knowledge of the location of the ongoing shootout. That way, I could create OOC fear in players before creating a shootout in a public place. So, if any of you guys have any ideas of how I should do it, I'll gladly hear it.

Specify what you actually want ideas on.

1. how to detect "when someone creates a shootout".
2. how to detect "when someone creates a shootout in public places".
3. how to let the police have knowledge of the location of the ongoing shootout.

1, 2 or 3?

"OOC Fear"... Damn, I'd have thought it was IC fear due to it being in the game and all.

OnPlayerWeaponShot
if(IsAGangMember(playerid)&&!GreenActive[playerid])
GetPlayerPos
GreenZone[playerid] = CreateGangZone x+30 y+30 x-30 y-30
GreenActive[playerid] = 1;
foreach(i, player)
ShowGangZoneforPlayer(i)

If you use the streamer, that could make things a bit easier in some way. You can then use OnPlayerEnterArea and other good streamer functions to do good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [KHK]Khalid
View Post
Specify what you actually want ideas on.

1. how to detect "when someone creates a shootout".
2. how to detect "when someone creates a shootout in public places".
3. how to let the police have knowledge of the location of the ongoing shootout.

1, 2 or 3?
That'd be option 2.

use AreaCheck, and OnPlayerWeaponShot. Make sure lagcomp is enabled. I would personally make it in game with a command.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterEGO
View Post
That'd be option 2.
IsPlayerInRangeOfPoint and OnPlayerWeaponShot.