Brexit

Waiting to see what road United Kingdom decides to take, what do you guys think will happen?

My take is if I were British, I would definitely have rejected to stay in Europe because of corporate interests and immigration control.

Out.

I think it would turn out very bad for both the UK and the European mainland. Mind you that if the UK exits the EU it also means no more free movement of goods. This means that all goods will pass through customs which means delays and import taxes.

I think not, but if it brexit success it could be the beginning of something not very good.
Don't let a few brainless take us back to the Second World War! In my opinion brexit is created for kick and don't help immigrants in england

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
I think it would turn out very bad for both the UK and the European mainland. Mind you that if the UK exits the EU it also means no more free movement of goods. This means that all goods will pass through customs which means delays and import taxes.
This and much more. The whole Brexit campaign seems to be, for a large part, fueled by nostalgia and patriotism. Because "everything was better before the EU" and "It's all the fault of the foreigners/EU".

Also, the fact that ordinary people, many of which vote with nothing more than the feeling in their gut, are allowed to vote on such an important issue which could have long-term consequences that not even experts on the subject can accurately predict, is simply preposterous.

Not gonna happen (I hope)

If uk steps out, around 50 european big industrial firms will move out as well, won't turn out that good regarding finance. Also uk has so little taxes to pay in contrast to other european countries that it is somehow understandable why uk has to pay so much contribution to stay in the eu. Also like every third car in the uk is a german model, everyone had to declare their cars etc lol. There's a lot more shit and troubles coming up you can think of if you investigate further. Not really a good deal if they leave the uk but that's not my cup of tea.

Need more beer for the eu games.

It's not gonna happen, if it will, that will be like a really big dumb decision to make but again, that aint no my panties to wear so let's see what's gonna happen.

I'm from the UK and I'm voting in for sure. The "Leave" argument stands on shaky pillars for sure, with leave campaigners stating inflated membership costs and playing down the effect of an exit on the economy.

I hope the rest of the British people see sense and we get a majority for remain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyjoe321
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm from the UK and I'm voting in for sure. The "Leave" argument stands on shaky pillars for sure, with leave campaigners stating inflated membership costs and playing down the effect of an exit on the economy.

I hope the rest of the British people see sense and we get a majority for remain.
Well, I voted for out.

Good for you, using your vote

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyjoe321
Посмотреть сообщение
Good for you, using your vote
Suppose that's what it's there for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis-
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, I voted for out.
Congratulations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNJ05NfM-4Y

I would suggest watching this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis-
Посмотреть сообщение
Well, I voted for out.
why?

I do think EU's immigration ideas are way off from what they should be, but if a Brexit would occur, the EU won't stay alive much longer. If a Brexit occurs, I expect a Grexit (Greece quitting EU) aswell, which than could trigger other countries to leave until you only have like a few left.

Besides that, the fact that European Citizens can freely travel and work accross EU countries is something unique in this world and is a very good thing. The problem is the Elite, the politicians. They talk much more than they can actually make true, and now a Brexit is about to occur they all scream "No! No! No!" simply because they know they will lose a lot of power if a Brexit would, and I believe it will, cause a domino-effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperM
Посмотреть сообщение
I do think EU's immigration ideas are way off from what they should be, but if a Brexit would occur, the EU won't stay alive much longer. If a Brexit occurs, I expect a Grexit (Greece quitting EU) aswell, which than could trigger other countries to leave until you only have like a few left.

Besides that, the fact that European Citizens can freely travel and work accross EU countries is something unique in this world and is a very good thing. The problem is the Elite, the politicians. They talk much more than they can actually make true, and now a Brexit is about to occur they all scream "No! No! No!" simply because they know they will lose a lot of power if a Brexit would, and I believe it will, cause a domino-effect.
Honestly? Grexit? A country with crippling debt, who had to be put on life support (so to speak) by the EU, wants to leave the EU to be independent? Do you know how idiotic that sounds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adri1
Посмотреть сообщение
I think not, but if it brexit success it could be the beginning of something not very good.
Don't let a few brainless take us back to the Second World War! In my opinion brexit is created for kick and don't help immigrants in england
There's a bald psycho dwarf roaring and pulling his chest hair as the dictator of a military super power right next to Europe and you are worried Brexit will cause a world war?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Посмотреть сообщение
This and much more. The whole Brexit campaign seems to be, for a large part, fueled by nostalgia and patriotism. Because "everything was better before the EU" and "It's all the fault of the foreigners/EU".

Also, the fact that ordinary people, many of which vote with nothing more than the feeling in their gut, are allowed to vote on such an important issue which could have long-term consequences that not even experts on the subject can accurately predict, is simply preposterous.
The whole idea of democracy is to let the ordinary people decide no matter how they form their opinion and if the important issue cannot be predicted even by experts, doesn't that mean the experts are not any wiser than the ordinary people?

Plus patriotism isn't something which was useful in the past and not needed today go ask the people of Ukraine

Edit: Just to be clear I don't want the brits to leave the union because brits have some sense in their head and if we are left in the union with people like swedes and germans we are going to be fucked. lol (ordinary opinion made with the feeling in the gut)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn
Посмотреть сообщение
There's a bald psycho dwarf roaring and pulling his chest hair as the dictator of a military super power right next to Europe and you are worried Brexit will cause a world war?

The whole idea of democracy is to let the ordinary people decide no matter how they form their opinion and if the important issue cannot be predicted even by experts, doesn't that mean the experts are not any wiser than the ordinary people?

Plus patriotism isn't something which was useful in the past and not needed today go ask the people of Ukraine

Edit: Just to be clear I don't want the brits to leave the union because brits have some sense in their head and if we are left in the union with people like swedes and germans we are going to be fucked. lol (ordinary opinion made with the feeling in the gut)
I can't answer, my English is not enough to express what I think. Sorry

Stay in - the only people who want to leave are uneducated bigots, or uneducated children who want to be "liberal" and want to see some excitement in politics, without a care for what it actually means for our economy, our judiciary, our trade, our Government, our country. I could go on and on about how a "brexit" would be a disaster for the UK and all the advantages we have in the EU. Its not perfect, but you don't leave something that isn't perfect. You fix it.

The EU needs to resolve its issues, make it a more democratic union. Prevent Turkey and other countries joining until everybody in the EU has resolved debt issues since the recession, review the Schengen Agreement (Although the UK aren't a part of this, it could be argued to be responsible to some issues we are facing). Encourage trade agreements with countries outside of the EU, such as China and America. Immigration is such a non issue in this debate its unbelievable how many people use it as an argument. Around 41% of EU Migrants to the UK have secure jobs, so they wont be scrounging. I think it was another 7% that were coming for study, and another large percentage were coming to look for work or start business. (The stats can be easily found, but they're around right - I.e. A majority of migrants have a legit reason to be in the UK)

Furthermore, the EU needs to review some of its policies that have negative effects on small business in the UK. Regulation is needed, but, some needs to be relaxed. The Judaical system the UK is bound by in the EU might mean nothing to you now, and may be seen as restricting your soverignty. But remember, we retain a Veto, and when you're out of options in the UK legal system, you have a final court in the EU. That has saved so many people from injustice and is so needed by the way things are going in the UK.

Leaving the EU will not trigger a war, but it will more than likely trigger an economic downturn. Possibly pushing us back into recession. The leave campaign has been so catastrophic I honestly cannot understand how (even from an objective viewpoint) the polls are showing such a strong percentage for the leave campaign. The UK needs the EU. We rely so much on our financial industry we're failing in so many other sectors. We barely manufacture anything, and the things we do manufacture are usually made in conjunction with other (mainly European companies). For example, Airbus. The Airbus A380 wings are produced in Wales, as well as the engines made by Rolls Royce (an English Company), without the EU, Airbus is most likely to scale back this production, it will be much more expensive via custom taxes if we leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPhantom
Посмотреть сообщение
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNJ05NfM-4Y

I would suggest watching this.
- That guy works for the show Info Wars, a show run by the crazy right wing news reporter/shock jock Alex Jones. I would not suggest watching that, this is a man who works for a news outlet that suggests Islam is evil, the American Government did Sandy Hook & Orlando, A company that goes out to suppress LGBTQ rights and a company that wants you to rise up, use your 2nd amendment rights and overthrow the US government. They also endorse Donald Trump heavily, especially on his policies on immigration and foreign policy regarding banning muslims. (I suggest reading up on your sources in future)

I'll leave you with this:

Nigel Farage, Donald Trump, the leader of ISIS (A bigot & racist, a bigot & racist, a terrorist bigot with a twisted mind) among others have all supported a brexit.
Intelligent people such as Stephen Hawking, Richard Branson, JK Rowling (A scientist, A businessman, An artist) have all supported remaining in the European Union.

Watching an hour documentary [propaganda] (such as "brexit the movie" - I could write an essay about everything wrong with that) does not make you an expert on the EU, I highly doubt your ability as a human by making a judgement just from that and other popular media sources (A certain news outlet or celebrity you get your info from)

[I could go on for hours about this, I just pray we vote to stay in tomorrow, and look at this from an objective viewpoint not a subjective one. I live in a town in the UK where Caucasian English is a minority, I could care less about immigration as long as there are decent people. No jobs are being stolen from me, and its kind of funny how the only people scared about the immigration facts come from majority white areas of the UK.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilli9434
Посмотреть сообщение
Stay in - the only people who want to leave are uneducated bigots, or uneducated children who want to be "liberal" and want to see some excitement in politics, without a care for what it actually means for our economy, our judiciary, our trade, our Government, our country. I could go on and on about how a "brexit" would be a disaster for the UK and all the advantages we have in the EU. Its not perfect, but you don't leave something that isn't perfect. You fix it.

- That guy works for the show Info Wars, a show run by the crazy right wing news reporter/shock jock Alex Jones. I would not suggest watching that, this is a man who works for a news outlet that suggests Islam is evil, the American Government did Sandy Hook & Orlando, A company that goes out to suppress LGBTQ rights and a company that wants you to rise up, use your 2nd amendment rights and overthrow the US government. They also endorse Donald Trump heavily. (I suggest reading up on your sources in future)

I'll leave you with this:

Nigel Farage, Donald Trump, the leader of ISIS (A bigot & racist, a bigot & racist, a terrorist bigot with a twisted mind) among others have all supported a brexit.
Intelligent people such as Stephen Hawking, Richard Branson, JK Rowling (A scientist, A businessman, An artist) have all supported remaining in the European Union.

Watching an hour documentary [propaganda] (such as "brexit the movie" - I could write an essay about everything wrong with that) does not make you an expert on the EU, I highly doubt your ability as a human by making a judgement just from that and other popular media sources (A certain news outlet or celebrity you get your info from)
Yes, and much more

Maybe if the people who support this study the history would think otherwise.