Adding a custom model.

So, I have left samp for a while now but, just yesterday I had an idea and wanted to ask out if it can be possible in any way.

So, I know that we can add custom models in our gta3.img, but does it works the same if I had a custom mapped prison as a model, and I convert it to .dff and import it with its textures to samp.img. Will I be able to assign that model a Object ID or perhaps using a map editor which imports objects from samp.img will be able to import that .dff file?

I know if something like this does exist it would be on my side, but if I could make a client which would work just like the normal SA-MP Client, but will download and extract the mod pack I mentioned above, so anyone who tries to login to my server will have to download and extract my model and hence there won't be any problem.

Now as this is being said, I still fear that there might be some issues if what I said works, like collision issues, so If what I said above can work, can somebody tell me how to fix the collision issue IF it exists, sorry for not trying and asking you guys instead.

You cannot detect what does player has on his side aka client sided.

You can make some sort of custom type program that will do it for you tho.

So for example make a small program (something that would work like a cheat) that will send something to the server such as some custom message that server can recognize that the player has certain mod made by you. If you dont recognize the player, then tel them to download your stuff.

Besides that, you cannot make custom objects and use it on your server without players downloading it. The problem is, you cannot detect what player has and doesnt.

But overall my suggestion is not to do it, no ones really willing to download shit to play on any server.

Thanks for your reply Twinki, but what I'm asking is that if I can add a custom model as a object in my samp.img and use it as a building object, in some sort of map editor. Like J's Map Editor or if I can assign a ID to my custom object.

Bump.

The object will be visible only to you. Others would have to download your .img file

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutcracker
View Post
Thanks for your reply Twinki, but what I'm asking is that if I can add a custom model as a object in my samp.img and use it as a building object, in some sort of map editor. Like J's Map Editor or if I can assign a ID to my custom object.
You can assign an ID to your object by filling it into custom.ide and placing the dff and txd into custom.img.
However I'm not sure about using it in a Map Editor.
If I'm right Jernejl's also detects objects inside the custom img/ide, but other Map Editors (MTA for example) will only let you use original ones.

If you want to map with MTA you have to put it inside gta3.img and assign a free ID to it (also add your object to any .ide) - you'll have to convert IDs later on though (GTA SA ID from the ide file you chose to sa-mp ID from custom.ide).

If you do everything right modelling-wise there also shouldn't be any problems with collision. Just check out some of the many tutorials about GTA SA modelling stuff.

Also, don't put it into samp.img, but into custom.img. Both theoretically work, but custom.img/ide is meant for custom objects, samp.img/ide contain all the samp models.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sime30
View Post
The object will be visible only to you. Others would have to download your .img file
Read more carefully, he already said that!

Thanks a lot NaS, you explained it all. I'll mess with these stuff until i get a decent product.

PS: +1 rep given.