Popularity of SA-MP?

I'm interested in how popular SA-MP is now. Could anyone, who is playing SA-MP or hosting a server, explain in more details how's the population now? Are there many actives players? I believe SA-MP peak was about five years ago but haven't touched for many years so I've no idea how it's now.

This should answer your questions.
http://mauzen.org/samp/index.php?sta...l=10080&popz=1

People come and go, communities are never going to last forever. However, I feel SA-MP still has years left in it as long as everything stays somewhat unchanged. We can never predict the future, but enjoy it while you can!

at the server i play it (look to signature) our number count has severely dropped and we are trying to bring it back up but thats just what happens other games come out and popularity drops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Посмотреть сообщение
That's not very accurate as there are a lot of servers that spoof their player count.

visit www.sa-mp.com, and look the header. To many players active here.

It's still popular - the player count has been at a steady pace for the past few years. According to SACNR monitor, Russians account for the huge portion of the SA-MP playerbase these days.

The only thing that seems to be dying is the community. Activity on the forums has died down with nobody to fill the huge gap that used to be 12,000+ active members (now 6,902 at the time of posting). Most of the new players coming to SA-MP speak little to no English, and because of this we are seeing less posts on the forum, aswell as less contributions. This is the reason why people are claiming SA-MP is dead - the community is declining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chump
Посмотреть сообщение
It's still popular - the player count has been at a steady pace for the past few years. According to SACNR monitor, Russians account for the huge portion of the SA-MP playerbase these days.

The only thing that seems to be dying is the community. Activity on the forums has died down with nobody to fill the huge gap that used to be 12,000+ active members (now 6,902 at the time of posting). Most of the new players coming to SA-MP speak little to no English, and because of this we are seeing less posts on the forum, aswell as less contributions. This is the reason why people are claiming SA-MP is dead - the community is declining.
im still here to deliver the dank maymays

I'd say it's still alive but it's kind of hard too keep the community growing or at least keep it at the same level without introducing some new content. The mod gets updated very rarely (last update over a year ago) I guess at some point Kalcor will either pass the mod to someone else or it will become open-source.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenemE
Посмотреть сообщение
I'd say it's still alive but it's kind of hard too keep the community growing or at least keep it at the same level without introducing some new content. The mod gets updated very rarely (last update over a year ago) I guess at some point Kalcor will either pass the mod to someone else or it will become open-source.
Very true, the internet list "bug" still exists and I hope it gets resolved along with some new features being brought in.