PAWN bbcode, bring it back?

Back years ago, we had the pawn highlighting BB Code. It was supposedly removed because of an exploit.

Why would you completely remove it, instead of fixing it? Will it be fixed?

I actually still use the pawn BB Code everytime I post pawn code, quote some of my posts for proof. I'm just waiting for the day that it returns, if it does. When it does, all of my code will look like pawn but everybody else will look like nothingness.

Also, I hate when people use PHP and HTML bbcode for PAWN, that's dumb and doesn't look good. When the real PAWN bbcode is brought back you're all going to look weird.

Well if they could have fixed it, I think they would have brought it back by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onfroi
View Post
Well if they could have fixed it, I think they would have brought it back by now.
They definitely could have. If I recall correctly someone said it was something to do with large amounts of code causing issues, so why not just limit the amount of code? There is pastebin for large code.

I am not surprised that the pawn bbcode haven't been fixed until today, I've seen a site that converts it to colored bbcode, but I can't find it anymore...

I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't brought back.

This isn't related to the PAWN bbcode(and I agree, without it pawn code looks weird) but since this is a forum related thread, better post it here I guess.

What happened to ******* embedding? I noticed all the embeds are gone from my threads and if I try to fix it, it just doesn't work.

For example, https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=595522 you can click quote and see there is a ******* url but it doesn't show up on the post.

I disabled adblock and tried a different browser but nothing changed. When I looked at the page source, there was nothing about ******* which made me doubt about the issue being on my end.

Almost forgot: Automatically parse links in text
Automatically embed media (requires automatic parsing of links in text to be on).

These are both checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootcause
View Post
This isn't related to the PAWN bbcode(and I agree, without it pawn code looks weird) but since this is a forum related thread, better post it here I guess.

What happened to ******* embedding? I noticed all the embeds are gone from my threads and if I try to fix it, it just doesn't work.

For example, https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=595522 you can click quote and see there is a ******* url but it doesn't show up on the post.

I disabled adblock and tried a different browser but nothing changed. When I looked at the page source, there was nothing about ******* which made me doubt about the issue being on my end.
Huh, actually didn't notice that. When did this start happening?

(Embedding a ******* video between square brackets here for proof...)
[
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOMhN-hfMtY
]

^^^

EDIT: Wtf, it doesn't even automatically embed anymore. In your thread and my threads it's still embedded, but just not with ******* code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
View Post
Also, I hate when people use PHP and HTML bbcode for PAWN, that's dumb and doesn't look good.
Better than nothing. Also I believe that automatic embedding of videos no longer works because ******* now redirects all normal HTTP requests to HTTPS. I don't think it did so in the past.