World War Roleplay

Hello.

I've lately thought about something that involves what most roleplay players are looking for, deathmatch and roleplay. Summing it up, I came with the idea of something classic, such as World War roleplay.

I've forum searched this and yes, I've found other results related to opinions on this topic, however they are pretty old and we all know that the SAMP players are not the ones that used to be, anymore. Therefore, I'd like to ask you all again on what you think about it, and shall I start developing something like this?

Every answer is appreciated and do not go off-topic, please. No insults nor provoking, appreciated.

First, what type of scenery are you aiming for in this World War Roleplay? Are you relating in the time periods of normal life or as an actual in-battle type of thing?

If it is a in battle type of roleplay, this could go two ways. Either you have a controlled, creative idea of how to maintain roleplay without it turning into a DM fest. Or, the server turns into a shoot-on-sight type of thing with roleplay on the side to make it a little more fun.

Personally, if I were to play on the server I would like to see something that will allow you to develop my character. Such as, starting out as a young recruit and making my way through the ranks/divisions in-character. Though, now that I am writing about it - you'd need a active playerbase to keep this environment up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannister
View Post
First, what type of scenery are you aiming for in this World War Roleplay? Are you relating in the time periods of normal life or as an actual in-battle type of thing?

If it is a in battle type of roleplay, this could go two ways. Either you have a controlled, creative idea of how to maintain roleplay without it turning into a DM fest. Or, the server turns into a shoot-on-sight type of thing with roleplay on the side to make it a little more fun.

Personally, if I were to play on the server I would like to see something that will allow you to develop my character. Such as, starting out as a young recruit and making my way through the ranks/divisions in-character. Though, now that I am writing about it - you'd need a active playerbase to keep this environment up.
What you are asking for is what I'm willing to create. It wont be like the Call of Duty kind of servers, but each country will work like a faction. I'm thinking of allowing standard roleplay as well, while there will be war periods that will be determined by the way each country acts. Yes, there will be rules to prevent it from turning into a full DM fest, however during the fights, there can't be much RP involved in shootouts and the only RP that can be done is while providing medical cure as well as when preparing to go for war.

There will be peace period, during which you will be able to do standard rp like you would in every roleplay server. When war would be declared, the roleplay would happen in a war sort of environment.

I hope I explained it well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private200
View Post
What you are asking for is what I'm willing to create. It wont be like the Call of Duty kind of servers, but each country will work like a faction. I'm thinking of allowing standard roleplay as well, while there will be war periods that will be determined by the way each country acts. Yes, there will be rules to prevent it from turning into a full DM fest, however during the fights, there can't be much RP involved in shootouts and the only RP that can be done is while providing medical cure as well as when preparing to go for war.

There will be peace period, during which you will be able to do standard rp like you would in every roleplay server. When war would be declared, the roleplay would happen in a war sort of environment.

I hope I explained it well.
Yes, its possible to avoid it from becoming a DM fest, we can roleplay shoot outs like if i shot Private200 in the head there is a chance that he will survive or die, if he dies send a msg like this
"AliScripter shot Private200 in the head, Private200 fell dead.." or
"AliScripter shot Private200 in the leg, Private200 is injured..." etc.
the chances will make it not easy to kill / injure some one.

Make Cannons, we have cannon object in GTA SA, change its textures and you are ready to go, Rustlers which can drop 5-6 bombs, Make Walls/borders around San Fierro, Las Venturas etc, and make them a different country. Every country's president/PM/army chief needs to go on meeting and bla bla like in real life, if the relations are good, then they meet up or else.... they go to war.

I am looking further in development of this kind of unique war styled RP server.

It'd be great, if mapping is done accordingly. It'd be a really good time roleplaying in such a environment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemX
View Post
It'd be great, if mapping is done accordingly. It'd be a really good time roleplaying in such a environment.
This, and i pretty much agree with Aliscripter, Moreover. Refugees. Passports. Spies.

Unlimited Possibilites

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ND]xXZeusXx.
View Post
This, and i pretty much agree with Aliscripter, Moreover. Refugees. Passports. Spies.

Unlimited Possibilites
That's what I'm trying to get true.

I would support this.

Actually, when I had a running COD server before, I tried to target a larger Audience so I involved some light Roleplay into it, how? I added, in addition to normal teams, a civilians team; Civilians can work (fishing - other jobs) and soldiers have to protect them, however it was unfortunately at the end of summer and I had to close the server; didn't have a chance to see how it goes
Your idea seems to be unique and innovative, I encourage everyone who tries to be different in his scripts

I like the idea, maybe take a look at this game for inspiration: http://store.steampowered.com/app/242860/

I've started working on the script and I'll soon need mappers to get the mapping part done. If anyone is or knows someone who might be interested, just give me a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onfroi
View Post
I like the idea, maybe take a look at this game for inspiration: http://store.steampowered.com/app/242860/
I'll take a look into that one, even though from some small parts that I saw, it's always mainly war, therefore not something that fits our environment that much, but yeah, does the job for the war environment we're trying to develop. Thanks for the suggestion.

I've never really thought about a tdm-roleplay styled server and now that I have I can imagine endless possibilities for roleplay. Sounds like a really great idea.

I look forward to this, especially if it goes accordingly.

Also have to agree on this, sounds very interesting .

omg please, supporting this.

I'm not really into roleplay so I can't say much about how should it be etc. but your idea definitely sounds interesting. Good luck!

I support this, but I think it will end bored.

Have you completed it yet?

+1, can't wait to play as a Tyrant dictator... Lol

I like the idea but joining DM and RP isnt a good idea, I mean one of this both gamemodes will be predominant rather than the other.