Sniper Shots - OPWS not called if another bullet is shot at the same location

Most of us already know that Sniper shots do not trigger OPWS (OnPlayerWeaponShot) sometimes. I believe that I have the cause of the problem.

It happens when you shoot at the same location again and again. OPWS is called for the first shot and isn't called for the rest of the shots until you move your sniper.

Some players might have already observed that shooting with the sniper at the same location doesn't damage the player (I have observed it almost an year ago but never realized the issue that time).

Is OnPlayer(Take/Give)Damage called when hit to a player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammix
Посмотреть сообщение
Is OnPlayer(Take/Give)Damage called when hit to a player?
I don't think so since the player takes no damage.

I was running some tests when I was trying to create my server-sided weapon system and I released that sometimes it doesn't trigger almost at all. Firing 7-8 shoots at random places but still nothing.

Haven't really figure why tho.

I ended up doing it manual through OnPlayerKeyStateChange.

No problems here. Screenshot of shooting at the same spot without moving (each shot calls the callback):

OPWS isn't called at all when a sniper's bullets don't land anywhere (i,e: the sky, or a very far away distance) unlike other weapons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana_Ghost
Посмотреть сообщение
OPWS isn't called at all when a sniper's bullets don't land anywhere (i,e: the sky, or a very far away distance) unlike other weapons.
Yes, I know, I was shooting the road for that very reason. It stops triggering OPWS if I don't move my sniper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack
Посмотреть сообщение
No problems here. Screenshot of shooting at the same spot without moving (each shot calls the callback):

Weird.

The sniper is the only weapon that cause trouble in most of TDM servers. It, for some reason, inflict no damage on certain players (Take/Give callbacks never get called) randomly. The player has to quit the game and start again for it to work. Also, that player that can not be damaged, cannot also damage others with a sniper. The player can no longer take and give damage.

OPWS does not get called too - I have tested this.

Ralfie's correct, the player doesn't gets any kind of damage but the animation is played (sometimes)..

May anyone consider elaborating more in depth? Everything seems to be working properly on my end.