[ADVICE] Launcher

I made anti cheat launcher using visual basic, but now i'm struggling on how could i check if user is running that launcher in game, now using mysql wouldn't be the best option, and i've thought of starting process when i start application and then creating a plugin that would check in game if process is running, but again there must be something better and that doesnt require that much of a third-party development, thanks

Here's my advice..

Don't make any 3rd party launcher.

People refuse to play on servers who require such launchers.

I would agree, 3rd party launchers are annoying. Just make an anti-cheat using the game script.

Well i already have a server with 100+ online players and they all agree with us to make launcher, it grants better cheat detection for some hacks that are impossible to detect in game

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoortyFl
Посмотреть сообщение
Well i already have a server with 100+ online players and they all agree with us to make launcher, it grants better cheat detection for some hacks that are impossible to detect in game
Everything is possible

Use sockets. Make plugin for server that will listen on some new port, and connect with your launcher to that port.