Less fps = faster speed (???)

Aye. I have a problem on my server. When a player has less FPS, he'll be faster with cars and it f*cks up races, however the players with more FPS were the winners before.

Why? There were 5 racers. The first had 25 FPS, the last had ~103. A player tested it: With 280 FPS, he almost beat the record with 0.6 sec, 170 fps = 0.3sec, 100 = 0.150, 50-60 = 0.07 second.

I don't know what to do with this, it's very annoying for the players.

Set player drunk rate to 1000 or something every second, more FPS = more loss of drunk level, setting every second may cause the lag, so set their drunk level every 2-3 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgeri99
Посмотреть сообщение
Aye. I have a problem on my server. When a player has less FPS, he'll be faster with cars and it f*cks up races, however the players with more FPS were the winners before.

Why? There were 5 racers. The first had 25 FPS, the last had ~103. A player tested it: With 280 FPS, he almost beat the record with 0.6 sec, 170 fps = 0.3sec, 100 = 0.150, 50-60 = 0.07 second.

I don't know what to do with this, it's very annoying for the players.
Maybe there is something wrong with your FPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseMan
Посмотреть сообщение
Maybe there is something wrong with your FPS
lol. go and study SA-MP scripting.

Quote:

SAMP Wiki: (link https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/SetPlayerDrunkLevel)
- Players' drunk level will automatically decrease over time, based on their FPS (players with 50 FPS will lose 50 'levels' per second. This is useful for determining a player's FPS!).
- In 0.3a the drunk level will decrement and stop at 2000. In 0.3b+ the drunk level decrements to zero.)
- Levels over 2000 make the player drunk (camera swaying and vehicles difficult to control).
- Max drunk level is 50000.
- While the drunk level is above 5000, the player's HUD (radar etc.) will be hidden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALiScripter
Посмотреть сообщение
You too do the same 'cause you have 2 things to fix
1.)Attitude towards other
2.)Your scripting

It's basically because for the players with alot of FPS, Will have their screen lag, Which makes them unable to drive as they want.

We'll try the timer thing, thanks. I'll write the results.

I've only noticed this while swimming. But the difference there is ridiculous. There is one mission in single player (Amphibious Assault) that is impossible to complete with high FPS because CJ can't hold his breath long enough to swim through the tunnel. Meanwhile, if you have 20 FPS you crawl through the water like a torpedo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALiScripter
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm Newbie Here!

Not just the FPS matters here, it also has a support with your Internet connection; The time delay taken to send a packet to the server. But, as far as I've experienced - I have two laptops: 2GB, 4GB (RAM), 1GB, 2GB (Intel Graphics). At whatever laptop I use, when I set my FPS lesser than 45, or 40 - the game becomes slow (graphical lag). But when I turn off the limiter, the FPS hits 130 and the game is running smoothly. The more FPS you have, the more it is difficult for you to do stunts with your vehicle. The more FPS you have, the more quickly your car will stop when you release ACCELERATOR (MOVE FORWARD KEY).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
I've only noticed this while swimming. But the difference there is ridiculous. There is one mission in single player (Amphibious Assault) that is impossible to complete with high FPS because CJ can't hold his breath long enough to swim through the tunnel. Meanwhile, if you have 20 FPS you crawl through the water like a torpedo.
To add on that, if your FPS is too high you will not be able to gain enough speed in the Sea Skimmer. GTA III and VC were locked at 30 fps and actually broke down when you went above that.

Also this.