"You are banned from this server"

Hi all,

just wanted to ask what's the most comfortable and time sparing way to avoid this bug?

I would say connect with different name, disconnect, and connect with alt? Or does that only work out for me?

Get a better internet connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperM
View Post
Get a better internet connection.
Thanks for your helpful contribution. Very appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamovic
View Post
Thanks for your helpful contribution. I have no clue what I'd do if there weren't so helpful and productive people around me like you! Very appreciated!
I bet that was sarcastic, but based on my own experience that is the truth.

I had a very shitty connection long ago, 200-300 ping all the time, and got that banned message atleast twice a day. Now I got 30 ping all the time and a stable connection, and haven't experienced that issue in a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperM
View Post
I bet that was sarcastic, but based on my own experience that is the truth.

I had a very shitty connection long ago, 200-300 ping all the time, and got that banned message atleast twice a day. Now I got 30 ping all the time and a stable connection, and haven't experienced that issue in a year.
Yes it's true I have 40 ms myself in-game and I don't have that bug either but a lot of player's from the community does. You can't just tell people from poor homelands to get better internet connection, they're happy that they even do have a connection lol. Anyway that's not a solution haha but yes you're right after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamovic
View Post
Yes it's true I have 40 ms myself in-game and I don't have that bug either but a lot of player's from the community does. You can't just tell people from poor homelands to get better internet connection, they're happy that they even do have a connection lol. Anyway that's not a solution haha but yes you're right after all.
It solves the problem, so it is a solution.

reloadbans in console or rcon

For me, I get that message when I timeout and fail to reconnect to the server after timing out. Restarting my router does the trick.

That's because your server is hosted in Europe, Germany. Most players aren't from Europe probably and get a high ping even if their router is 100% better than yours, but if you live in Germany you would get 20-30 ping, if you live in Australia you get 300.

The trick is not the router at all, but your distance from the host in miliseconds. I'd suggest to move the server to USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinExec
View Post
That's because your server is hosted in Europe, Germany. Most players aren't from Europe probably and get a high ping even if their router is 100% better than yours, but if you live in Germany you would get 20-30 ping, if you live in Australia you get 300.

The trick is not the router at all, but your distance from the host in miliseconds. I'd suggest to move the server to USA.
That's such BS, you came up with these numbers with no clue on the actual experience that countries have when transferring network data. I could play on US servers from the Middle East with 100 to 120 ping.

OT: The usual comfort spot for almost no lag is below 200, but if you have packet loss which you can check by holding F5 and looking for the percentage of the packet loss, if it's above 0.0% than you should be concerned with your router because the signal might be interfered by another one. Ping really almost doesn't affect your performance unless it is a massive number which could be a result of packet loss.

If the people who play on your server come from poor countries then they just need to deal with it because even if they could afford better internet plans, their networking companies probably use bad equipment due to the economical instability.