How to be a good coder?

I wanna make gamemodes and scripts on my own,but now i am not good at coding.
where should i start?what is the most important faith when i am learning?

Start searching and watch more tutorial on samp forums or try to watch good gamemodes code
and try to understand the function which are used like

OnPlayerTakeDamage
OnPlayerSpawn
and many other

Take your time.

You'll be fine, but the best places to look, in the basic server package, is the GrandLarceny files as an example, along with the filterscripts and other gamemodes packaged with the server.

If you are really into it, look at NotePad++ for Pawn, or the Sublime Pawn tutorial threads. they're a lot better than pawno.

If you are sticking with pawno though, run that as admin, all the time... It works better.

I would recommend you to learn bases in C or Java first.

They'll help you to learn other languages better and faster.
I myself started with PAWN, but later I learned other programming languages and it was hard.

Why'd you even bold Pawn?

Just try to understand the Syntax and then start searching for the functions you need.That's what i suggest.
And about being a good coder, you can't just start being good, that needs some time ^^

Also form a habit of using indentation, and not cutting corners in relation to avoiding fixing of the errors.

Logic has a big part to play in this language. Check "easy" things first, then check further on things after.

Flow Charts work real good, and MindMapping tools as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmer
Посмотреть сообщение
I would recommend you to learn bases in C or Java first.

They'll help you to learn other languages better and faster.
I myself started with PAWN, but later I learned other programming languages and it was hard.
This is not entirely true. Java and C support Object Oriented Programming and encourage it, PAWN does not. But it is indeed easier to start with PAWN if you have programming experience, even if it are other languages, since control structures and such stay the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasperM
Посмотреть сообщение
This is not entirely true. Java and C support Object Oriented Programming and encourage it, PAWN does not. But it is indeed easier to start with PAWN if you have programming experience, even if it are other languages, since control structures and such stay the same.
I started with Pawn, and will move towards PHP/HTML or C.

thanks for your time!