Layer 7 DDoS attack

Hello everyone,

There has been recently Layer 7 DDoS attack on my server, the attacker flooded server with 60 bytes UDP packets, which are difficult to differ from regular packets sent by players. The DDoS protection which my server host offers is not able to deal with such an attack. I'm kindly asking server owners, if you ever experienced such an attack, did you find a sollution how to protect your server? Did you find a server host, that is able to deal with such attacks?

Thank you everyone in advance for your help and advices.

I've been struggling with all kinds of DDoS attacks these past weeks, including Layer 7, all kinds of SYN/UDP/TCP/DNS attacks.

Use OVH dedicated servers (not soyoustart and not kimsufi), enable permanent mitigation, enable game firewall for SA:MP and close everything down using the firewall, only open up the ports you really need. Only their BHS (Canada) location seems to work well with this. Ever since the switch I get 10 emails a day about all kinds of DDoS attacks but none are able to take down the server, not even cause any packet loss.

I have been with all possible providers you can imagine, Voxility, Blacklotus, SeFlow, you name it. Nothing was able to stop the attacks while maintaining proper network stability (i.e. Voxility caused massive packetloss)

Good luck!

zare.co.uk has a panel where you can toggle protection against layer 7 DDoS attacks (used it in the past) and other settings. You could give it a shot if you're precisely looking for a cloud server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot
Посмотреть сообщение
I've been struggling with all kinds of DDoS attacks these past weeks, including Layer 7, all kinds of SYN/UDP/TCP/DNS attacks.

Use OVH dedicated servers (not soyoustart and not kimsufi), enable permanent mitigation, enable game firewall for SA:MP and close everything down using the firewall, only open up the ports you really need. Only their BHS (Canada) location seems to work well with this. Ever since the switch I get 10 emails a day about all kinds of DDoS attacks but none are able to take down the server, not even cause any packet loss.

I have been with all possible providers you can imagine, Voxility, Blacklotus, SeFlow, you name it. Nothing was able to stop the attacks while maintaining proper network stability (i.e. Voxility caused massive packetloss)

Good luck!
I have a server OVH and protection not work. The attack disconnects a players. Support is unable to 9 months to fix the problem.

http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.ph...highlight=ddos

If you are able to afford a dedicated server for 79.99 per month from OVH's Game Line, I would recommend doing that. Their game dedicated servers are pretty strong against attacks, they protect against Layer 4 and Layer 7. I have had no issues whatsoever with OVH's Game DDoS protection. Woot's response pretty much explains it too.

niCe, who's your current dedi provider?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold
Посмотреть сообщение
niCe, who's your current dedi provider?
https://solarcom.ch/en/