5 Years old laptop struggling

I understand that by time, my laptop performances will gradually decrease, especially that most of the laptops aren't made for gaming, but mine's performance dramatically decreased to its half..
Added a 4gb ram stick, cleaned the laptop parts once since I bought it ( the cleanup was made in last summer ) and updated my graphic card drivers, specs:
-8GB Ram
-Intel Core i5-2410M 2.3GHz going up to 2.8GHz (unfortunately I cannot overclock anything because of Toshiba security measures, not all the settings are shown in the BIOS interface)
-CRAPPY chinese 150GB HDD that is quite slow (I doubt the problem is here)
-Nvidia GT525M with 2GB dedicated video memory

With those specs and when I only had 4GB of ram but a good 500gb fast hard drive, I used to run GTA 4 at very high settings with a medium fps (~40), that was 5 years ago
Now my pc struggles to run it at medium settings, and even though I have ~60 fps in some games like CSGO, my pc temperature increases and does sometimes lead my pc to auto shut down.

Here are the possible causes:
1-Some of you might think that HDD speed does only affect the initial game load speed but then it would have no effect on fps and performances, but maybe when I had that fast HDD my laptop was using some free space on it to cache for the graphic card memory? I read somewhere that this feature is available for nVidia cards. In this case I could buy an SSD and enable that caching.
2-CPU got weaker due to long use / heat, which I'm afraid of since I can't change a laptop motherboard thus I got to buy a new one!

Need your help

It's most likely your hard drive, download Speccy and see what it gives you in the storage tab.

I think this is too bad to be a HDD

Western Digital is a good brand. But if your previous HDD was a 7200 RPM one (uncommon in laptops) or if it used SATA III (6Gb/s) it would have been faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
Western Digital is a good brand. But if your previous HDD was a 7200 RPM one (uncommon in laptops) or if it used SATA III (6Gb/s) it would have been faster.
I will check the details of my old HDD and see if it used SATA III, that's helpful thank you