Need help creating a test server

Hello everyone,
I planned to make a test server to test my works, I read all those tutorials about how to make my own server and I followed everything. But when I type the IP on SAMP it always shows (Rtrieving Info...). I don't know what I did wrong, In some of the tutorials they ask me to use my Ipv4 Address which is 192.168.1.x, And In other tutorials they ask me to use my external IP Address. Both of them doesn't work and I've no idea what to do, I am not familiar with portforwarding either. Would be great if someone helped me to make it.

P.s: Sorry for making a new thread for this but I really need the server asap.

look you cant connect with your external ip thats for external users you connect to your local server using local ip or ipv4 adress while other cant for foreign users (im saying again) you need external ip

If you need a free VPS for testing, email me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreyas
Посмотреть сообщение
look you cant connect with your external ip thats for external users you connect to your local server using local ip or ipv4 adress while other cant for foreign users (im saying again) you need external ip
So I should use the ipv4 address which I get from Run>Cmd>ipconfig? Doesn't work

you should use ipv4 adress to connect from your own pc but for your frnds you need to get external ip which can be get from searching ip in ******

I'm trying to connect from my own pc. Below is what I did so far

Install SA-MP 0.3.7 (Not necessary I guess)
Downloaded SA-MP windows server
Copied the files to a new folder
Opened Server.cfg using Notepad, Changed RCON password and hostname, Saved it.
Opened Samp-Server.exe
Went to Start>Run>Cmd>ipconfig and used the ipv4 Address on SA-MP.exe> Add Server

What did I do wrong?

It's fixed now, It was all because of a stupid careless mistake I did. Sorry for the mess and thanks for the help.

Sorry for double posting

Good that you got it but isn't it 127.0.0.1:7777 as the default ip and usual port?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroleo911003
Посмотреть сообщение
Good that you got it but isn't it 127.0.0.1:7777 as the default ip and usual port?
That's localhost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroleo911003
Посмотреть сообщение
I made it just to use from my computer only so I should use the local IP which is 192.168.1.X with the port number which is there on server.cfg

And the stupid mistake which I did was, I forgot to keep the samp-server.exe open while adding a new server in samp.exe, I kept on closing it after I run it, So dumb lol -.-