SA-MP Issue

Hello,

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section.

I keep getting a virus from SA-MP and my Antivirus goes mad whenever SA-MP is installed. I've used VirusTotal for checking it for virus and one site says that it has "Malicious site", some of them say "Clean Site" and the other six remaining say "Unrated site"

VirusTotal: Anti Virus & Malware Software I'm Using: I can't play SA-MP anymore do to this issue.....

Does anyone know how to fix this issue or there is no fix for this!?

Cheers!

disable your antivirus and then enable after the installation.

Quote:

my Antivirus goes mad whenever SA-MP is installed.

Wouldn't the logical option be to un-install it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMc
View Post
Hello,

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section.

I keep getting a virus from SA-MP and my Antivirus goes mad whenever SA-MP is installed. I've used VirusTotal for checking it for virus and one site says that it has "Malicious site", some of them say "Clean Site" and the other six remaining say "Unrated site"

VirusTotal: Anti Virus & Malware Software I'm Using: I can't play SA-MP anymore do to this issue.....

Does anyone know how to fix this issue or there is no fix for this!?

Cheers!
That virustotal is wrong, You used the link tab which doesn't really scan files AFAK, it's used for checking websites.
You'll need to upload it normally, Here: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/4...a510/analysis/
It has a 1/56 score which is good tbh, Jiangmin is a stupid anti-virus anyways xD

Anyways, This doesn't happen to me with Malware bytes so I guess its Avast, Just disable it for like 30 minutes while you install it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glossy42O
View Post
disable your antivirus and then enable after the installation.
But if I re-enable my anti virus, then it will keep saying "Threat Detected" about 3 times in a row.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydro
View Post
Wouldn't the logical option be to un-install it.
I would just still like to have an anti virus just to be save tho and I still want to play SA-MP from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmad45123
View Post
That virustotal is wrong, You used the link tab which doesn't really scan files AFAK, it's used for checking websites.
You'll need to upload it normally, Here: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/4...a510/analysis/
It has a 1/56 score which is good tbh, Jiangmin is a stupid anti-virus anyways xD

Anyways, This doesn't happen to me with Malware bytes so I guess its Avast, Just disable it for like 30 minutes while you install it.
I had Avast for about 5 months with SA-MP installed and now its saying that it has a virus on it now. I think it's from it's last update to Avast that has made SA-MP be detected has an virus.

Does anyone else know a good free anti virus, that is easy to use and it allow SA-MP to be installed?

Just Uninstall the anti virus as long as you don't download stupid things and don't enter untrusted websites you should be fine.

Cant you just add it as an exception in Avast?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLored
View Post
Just Uninstall the anti virus as long as you don't download stupid things and don't enter untrusted websites you should be fine.
Yeah that's true. But it's always good to be "safe" then "sorry" at the end of getting a virus from nothing.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvinC
View Post
Cant you just add it as an exception in Avast?
I'm not quite sure to be honest. I'm still new to Avast, so I don't really know the settings that well, all I do on it is a regular scan and that's about it.

I hope you're aware of performance that you are loosing during the gaming experience or many other things while the antivirus software such as Avast is kept installed on your PC. Besides, why not to just take care of what kind of sites you browse and files that you download - just like someone said previously. Scan it sometimes by Malwarebytes and everything will be fine.

Avast! is compatible with SA-MP, the problem is that your PC is infected. I had a similar issue occur on one of my PCs with the announce.exe file found in the server package. Where it was being deleted on the head of the bat.

Reinstall your OS. Or scan your PC for any threats, then run a boot time scan with Avast! and finally acquire SpyHunter (you'll be amazed of what it finds) and run it (it will take some time to complete the process).

Exclusions can be modified here: