Server System Requirements

I mean, I have looked for some similiar topics but are a little bit too old.

I have an VPS with:
HTML Code:
1.5GB Ram
2.0GHz (1x Core)
100mb Bandwitdh - All players will be from the same country as the VPS, I don't think will be some ping problems.
How many players does this server sustain?

About 1, 100mb bandwidth is far from enough lol.

Ik, its not about the bandwidth, In my country 100mb/s is like standard. I mean the Ram and Core, will be enough?

In terms of RAM/CPU you're pretty solid, most likely up to 1000/1000 players and while hosting a website on the side.

You're misinterpreting bandwidth though. You will have a limit of how much data you can send/receive, generally starting around 1TB up to unlimited. So what do you mean by 100mb exactly? Is that your download/upload rate, or your actual bandwidth cap? Because if that's your cap you should get a different provider lmao. Also, a 100mb/s pipe is pretty shit regardless so I suggest getting a different provider anyway.

Thats the Download/Upload rate. And thank you .

L.E.: Bandwidth: 9536.74 TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWay
View Post
Thats the Download/Upload rate. And thank you .

L.E.: Bandwidth: 9536.74 TB
which technically stands for 'unlimited' bw

In that case, your download/upload rate is really shit. I suggest getting a VPS at DigitalOcean, Linode or AWS instead.

Jesus christ people.

If its just his server, 100mbit is fine. It wont stand up to a DDoS, but even 1gbit connections have problems with that nowadays.

70 ppl on 03z server uses less than 10mbit. Unless hes ACTUALLY going to have 1000 players 100mbit isnt shit. Its not awesome, but its not shit. Not for a single server anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersouse
View Post
Jesus christ people.

If its just his server, 100mbit is fine. It wont stand up to a DDoS, but even 1gbit connections have problems with that nowadays.

70 ppl on 03z server uses less than 10mbit. Unless hes ACTUALLY going to have 1000 players 100mbit isnt shit. Its not awesome, but its not shit. Not for a single server anyways.
Yeah he could have a 100mbps and still have DDoS protection (like OVH VPS's), depends on his provider though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersouse
View Post
Jesus christ people.

It's shit because the VPS' seems like bait. 5GB RAM, only 1 core and 100mbit/s? There's no way he's ever going to use that 5GB of RAM because he's limited by his CPU/connection. He might as well get a cheaper VPS from a more reputable place that are balanced instead of this shit.

While it's fine for SA-MP only, if he wants to host a website on the VPS alongside of it 100mbit/s quickly becomes shit.