GTA: SA Uninstall Problem

Hello everyone,

Sorry, if this is in the wrong section.

I can't seem to uninstall GTA: San Andreas, have a look at the screenshots below.
The third screenshot show that GTA: SA is uninstalling but it stays on the for a few mins and then a error message pops up (see first screenshot for that error message).

The second screenshot shows that GTA: SA is still installed on my PC but it doesn't say any size limit for it.

Can anyone help me uninstall it?

EDIT: Click here to go to solved post.

Cheers.

You can edit your registry and delete any traces of gta manually using regedit. Then you can delete the files manually

Use https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Clean your registry and you can remove the game from the installed applications on CCleaner as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPhantom
Посмотреть сообщение
Use https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Clean your registry and you can remove the game from the installed applications on CCleaner as well.
I've tried that and it didn't work.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ]Kurence[
Посмотреть сообщение
You can edit your registry and delete any traces of gta manually using regedit. Then you can delete the files manually
I can't find it in my registry area

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMc
Посмотреть сообщение
I've tried that and it didn't work.....

I can't find it in my registry area
Than maybe its deleted from registry, and that's why you cant uninstall it...Just delete all files. Go to My Computer and click "Uninstall or change a program". Find Gta SA on the list (if its there) and double click it. If its not there than its not in registry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIFT_HUNTER
Посмотреть сообщение
Than maybe its deleted from registry, and that's why you cant uninstall it...Just delete all files. Go to My Computer and click "Uninstall or change a program". Find Gta SA on the list (if its there) and double click it. If its not there than its not in registry.
It's not in my "Uninstall a program" area and I've deleted the all the GTA files and I still can't reinstall or uninstall it. See screenshot below.

open start and type REGEDIT. You may be asked to give admin privilege (unless you are already on admin acc).
Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Rockstar Games

Delete whole Rockstar Games tree (Right click -> Delete)

That should do the trick...

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
open start and type REGEDIT. You may be asked to give admin privilege (unless you are already on admin acc).
Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Rockstar Games

Delete whole Rockstar Games tree (Right click -> Delete)

That should do the trick...
This is the only folders/files with the first letter "R" (see screenshot attached below). There is not folder called "Rockstar Games" in my KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ area

Try using some registry cleaner program like CCleaner, but beware these things sometimes make more damage than they fix.

Not sound idiotic. But did you try unmounting/ejecting your GTA SA disc and restarting PC? Sometimes most stupid thing could be a solution...

[EDIT]Double post (sorry)

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_..._download.html

This program uninstalls programs with the default uninstaller and then searches for leftovers which were associated with the program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unte99
Посмотреть сообщение
http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_..._download.html

This program uninstalls programs with the default uninstaller and then searches for leftovers which were associated with the program.
Thank you, I've found the "hidden" files for GTA SA now.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Try using some registry cleaner program like CCleaner, but beware these things sometimes make more damage than they fix.

Not sound idiotic. But did you try unmounting/ejecting your GTA SA disc and restarting PC? Sometimes most stupid thing could be a solution...
I've tried that before I stated this threat and it did nothing to help. But thank you for your support on this.

-------

Install Problem:
Now, the install crashed after getting to this screen (see first screenshot attached below).
After that has closed due to crashed, I get a second error message (see second screenshot attached below)

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Thank you, I've found the "hidden" files for GTA SA now.

I've tried that before I stated this threat and it did nothing to help. But thank you for your support on this.

-------

Install Problem:
Now, the install crashed after getting to this screen (see first screenshot attached below).
After that has closed due to crashed, I get a second error message (see second screenshot attached below)
Did you try doing what the error message suggested?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Did you try doing what the error message suggested?
I've tried and it did nothing to it. I've cleared all registry files for GTA San Andreas and I still can't install it without it crashing after choosing language section bit

Did you try just launching the install itself, I know there are different ones in the main folder. Could you take a screen shot of whats in the folder of the GTA SA disk?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I've tried and it did nothing to it. I've cleared all registry files for GTA San Andreas and I still can't install it without it crashing after choosing language section bit
So when you said that you tried it, were you talking about closing other applications working in the background or something else? Because I was talking about closing other applications. I found some search results that some applications could be conflicting with InstallShield and would not let it run. So that could be your problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPhantom
Посмотреть сообщение
Did you try just launching the install itself, I know there are different ones in the main folder. Could you take a screen shot of whats in the folder of the GTA SA disk?
Alright, have a look at the screenshot attached below.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
So when you said that you tried it, were you talking about closing other applications working in the background or something else? Because I was talking about closing other applications. I found some search results that some applications could be conflicting with InstallShield and would not let it run. So that could be your problem.
The only applications that I have open/running is ****** Chrome and Avast Anti Virus software. I've tried everything you suggested to do and it did the same thing, crashes after choosing the game language bit.

I generally think that GTA: SA doesn't want to run on my PC anymore (far as I'm aware)

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Alright, have a look at the screenshot attached below.

The only applications that I have open/running is ****** Chrome and Avast Anti Virus software. I've tried everything you suggested to do and it did the same thing, crashes after choosing the game language bit.

I generally think that GTA: SA doesn't want to run on my PC anymore (far as I'm aware)
If you are installing GTA SA from a CD, the CD could be scratched and those scratches could be the cause why you are seeing those errors while trying to uninstall/install.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
If you are installing GTA SA from a CD, the CD could be scratched and those scratches could be the cause why you are seeing those errors while trying to uninstall/install.
Yes, I'm installing/uninstalling it from a CD. It's not scratched as much, it has little scratches (but not many tho). The scratches are not bad bad, the disk still runs in my computer, normally my PC won't run badly damages CD/DVDs

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes, I'm installing/uninstalling it from a CD. It's not scratched as much, it has little scratches (but not many tho). The scratches are not bad bad, the disk still runs in my computer, normally my PC won't run badly damages CD/DVDs
You could try installing GTA SA from that CD on another computer. To check if it works. If the installation gives errors, then you have found your problem.