DNS A Record

How do other servers use their domain while having a different port (not 7777)? I've tried to add an A Record onto my hosting but it only accepts the default. I've seen other servers that has something like samp.domain.com:4500, how is that possible?

Buddy, when adding A record, only put the IP, not the port. Then in the SAMP client program, add server.yourdomain.com:yourport and you're done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinExec
Посмотреть сообщение
Buddy, when adding A record, only put the IP, not the port. Then in the SAMP client program, add server.yourdomain.com:yourport and you're done.
I'm aware of that. It doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyce
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm aware of that. It doesn't work.
Show me your hosting provider (link to their website), tell me the domain provider and what cpanel you use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinExec
Посмотреть сообщение
Show me your hosting provider (link to their website), tell me the domain provider and what cpanel you use.
I'm using iFastNet hosting and cPanel.

Googling what is an A record would tell you what you need to know.

You'll probably find one of the restrictions that you are facing, is one imposed by your hosting company.

The control panel should also be telling you what the problem is. Also be aware that the A record changes could take anywhere from instant-24 hours to propogate (Meaning to go around the world to all DNS master servers).

If you are using cPanel you shouldn't have an issue with adding A records, for me the server becomes visible instantly after adding the record. As Sew_Sumi mentioned, it is recommended contacting your host provider in order to assist you if the record is not working as its suppose to.