Question regarding SA-MP demographics and client versions

I'm running a 0.3z and 0.3.7 server currently. When the 0.3.7 server isn't being a ghost-town, I noticed most of the players are from the eastern hemisphere (Europe, Russia, India, etc). When I look at the IPs and languages spoken on the 0.3z server, a majority are western hemisphere, mainly Central and South America.

Does it seem currently that way overall (the hemisphere vs client version split), or am I just seeing it on my servers due to it being a freeroam mode (vs RP, and maybe a bit of coincidence too)?

Quote:

I noticed most of the players are from the eastern hemisphere (Europe, Russia, India, etc).

That's the normal player base for a SAMP server (at least in my 9 years experience).

The change of regions of the other server is more likely a result of the server type (freeroam vs. RP). If you looked at the SAMP master list, there are probably more Spanish freeroam servers on 0.3z than 0.3.7.

I'm not sure, but majority of sa-mp players have always been from the east AFAIK. Not sure if anyone has had a server full of just western people besides you now.. I've never seen it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisersouse
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm running a 0.3z and 0.3.7 server currently. When the 0.3.7 server isn't being a ghost-town, I noticed most of the players are from the eastern hemisphere (Europe, Russia, India, etc). When I look at the IPs and languages spoken on the 0.3z server, a majority are western hemisphere, mainly Central and South America.

Does it seem currently that way overall (the hemisphere vs client version split), or am I just seeing it on my servers due to it being a freeroam mode (vs RP, and maybe a bit of coincidence too)?
Might because it's a freeroam, from my experience in SA-MP most Western players are playing on Roleplay servers and there is also a diversity in roleplay of who plays, you'll actually be surprised of how capable Easter players talk in English. I've seen a lot of players from the Eastern Hemisphere adapt to the server they play on and actually learn the capability to talk fluently in English but most of the people that I made friends with on Roelplay servers were usually from the United States and the United Kingdom. I think that roleplay is more appealing to Western culture than freeroam due to many different reasons, maybe it's just preference?

Just curious, but why are you still running 0.3z on one server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by davve95
Посмотреть сообщение
Just curious, but why are you still running 0.3z on one server?
03z on one 037 on the other. Server(s) took a hiatus and was easier to bring back 03z and update it to 037 in the background