ExtremeStudio - Early Preview And Suggestions Thread.

I saw that Notepad++ and Sublime has been noted, but not Atom, and I would like to add it to the list of the text-editors "to beat"
Unlike Sublime, its written in CoffeeScript [Javascript] and in html+css

Suggestion: Add themes and would be awesome if we could create our own syntax's and highlightting easily, maybe with ragex and css ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaperstone
Посмотреть сообщение
I saw that Notepad++ and Sublime has been noted, but not Atom, and I would like to add it to the list of the text-editors "to beat"
Unlike Sublime, its written in CoffeeScript [Javascript] and in html+css

Suggestion: Add themes and would be awesome if we could create our own syntax's and highlightting easily, maybe with ragex and css ?
Adding a custom syntax to the parser IS possible right now but without regex but a prefix, like "cmd_", regex can be easily added though.
Just right click in the object explorer.

However, giving it a custom highlighting isn't possible at all, sadly, Scintilla only supports 2 custom keyword sets and no more, that's why you may have noticed that defines, global vars and enums have the same highlighting.

I will look for a fix cause i know that's annoying and in the worst case, i will look for a replacement to Scintilla.

Any new updates ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ND]xXZeusXx.
Посмотреть сообщение
Any new updates ?
I'm working on adding more syntax highlighting instead of having all enums/defines/global vars with the same color which is really bad.

I'll update here once I'm done

And yes, The development has been slow recently because I'm just busy with some other stuff, Just give me a few days.

Oh okay.

Hey everyone

I've updated the issue here with info about when I will release the first beta version
https://github.com/JohnyMac/ExtremeStudio/issues/1

btw, the first task is the hardest of them, So except a delay for it to get done :P
Not a huge one though, Approximate a week or so.

Note: I btw didn't plan for a release now AT ALL, There is still tons of ideas in mind that am looking forward to add but tbh, I am starting to lose interest and stuff plus I receive tons of PMs and messages about when will it be released, So I decided to release it a bit early yet not very early, And continue supporting it and adding features while its live

Thanks for all your huge support.

How is the project going Ahmad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen
Посмотреть сообщение
How is the project going Ahmad.
I haven't really talked to him much the past week, so he must be super busy with it. Every time I do talk to him he's talking about this.

Have a look at the GH commits, you can see how much he is doing.

I got final exams the next month and I am really really busy so sorry for this delay but life is more important then anything.

I will be working on it like every weekend or something though to make sure it will stay alive

Thanks for all your support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crayder
Посмотреть сообщение
I haven't really talked to him much the past week, so he must be super busy with it. Every time I do talk to him he's talking about this.

Have a look at the GH commits, you can see how much he is doing.
Thanks for your reply

About our project, I will send you some pms on skype about fixing it and about the other unity project, It will have to get paused too, Sorry
E: It was a wrong writing this here lol, Continue conv. in skype.

Hey Everyone

I am happy to say that my idea worked, We can now have infinite wordsets.. (We will try to not make many because more equals more LAG)

I have released a new version of the program, Make sure to download it and take a look

NOTE: The program doesn't come with a default theme yet, You will have to goto IDE in the top ribbon bar and then select Syntax Highlighting and then play with the colors a bit.

Soo, Now that means: To the next item, Add Compile System.

Thanks for all your support everyone

Time for a new fast update!!!

What I did:
I just finished adding the search, replace and goto functions in ES, not gonna talk a lot about this since its pretty basic really and its just some normal things that we are really used to.
Also, I fixed a few bugs, crashes here and there... And some general optimizations.

What is the next goal:
I will start working with the compiler, I am planning to add a lot of stuff to basically just make you not need to even touch the files yourself.. You will be able to change the server.cfg like add/remove plugins, change password or whatever you wanna do through a nice and good GUI in the app.. Now in the compiler it self.. You will have a good tab in the settings for changing the compiler settings like the debugging level or changing the include directory and all that.
Sooo yeah, Just wanted to give you guys a taste of the stuff that are done and what is planned.

Download
You may download the app from main post, or, if you have it already, just run it and it will update.

NOTE: The app is NOT READY FOR PRODUCTION, Its not even in beta yet, It might just break your script out or whatever.. Simply, It hasn't been tested out yet.. Use it at your own risk.
I do greatly appreciate it if you help me with the testing but just use the program with test scripts and/or always have a backup.