Dear Kalcor & SAMP Team

Is San Andreas Multiplayer a project you're still actively developing?
Seems like the community is dying.
I would like to know, thanks.

Edit:
I posted before I saw this, http://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php?...1&postcount=24, sorry.
I would still like to know how dedicated to this amazing mod the staff are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionize
View Post
I would still like to know how dedicated to this amazing mod the staff are
Community is dying, small and medium servers are dying, the staff doesn't admit it and they pretend to care about these all stuff but they really don't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsLeon
View Post
Community is dying, small and medium servers are dying, the staff doesn't admit it and they pretend to care about these all stuff but they really don't care.

Thanks for your honest opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipsLeon
View Post
Yes. This is why the total number of players is still remarkably high. If you are going to state these gut feelings as fact, then at least try to find a source to back it up.

The community is changing, it's not dying, at least not yet. Whether a new version is in development is anyone's guess. The team has never been open about the development until the new version was nearing completion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
View Post
Yes. This is why the total number of players is still remarkably high. If you are going to state these gut feelings as fact, then at least try to find a source to back it up.

The community is changing, it's not dying, at least not yet. Whether a new version is in development is anyone's guess. The team has never been open about the development until the new version was nearing completion.
Thanks for your feedback.
The users I see helping the community by supplying quality content seem to have vanished.
The guy you've quoted in your signature has not been on since October 2015 for example.
That is why I made this thread.

Quote:

And why would you figure it ISN'T? Because we haven't got an update yet this year? Well, let's look at the past release dates:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwood17
View Post
SA-MP changelog:
  • Version 0.3a
    Release Date: October 2009
  • Version 0.3b
    Release Date: August 2010
  • Version 0.3c
    Release Date: December 2010
  • Version 0.3d
    Release Date: December 2011
  • Version 0.3e
    Release Date: May 2012
  • Version 0.3x
    Release Date: January 2013
  • Version 0.3z
    Release Date: February 2014
  • Version 0.3.7
    Release Date: May 2015
  • Upcoming Version
    Release Date: Following the previous versions, probably not earlier than June 2016
Judging by the past few, we will probably receive the update before July.

Even IF we didn't receive another update, players would still be playing SA-MP for the following years. SA-MP is not something that would just die.

Quote:

Seems like the community is dying.

What community? The community that the mod is based on, which is the people playing SA-MP? Ha, definitely not! http://mauzen.org/samp/index.php?stat=players

And also, if you think the internet tab problem has caused a change in player counts, YOU'RE WRONG! Player counts have actually risen since that started last year!

If you are having trouble finding internet tab servers, just check out the SACNR monitor.

The only thing that is really slowing down is the forum activity. All of our most respected people have grown out of their SA-MP days. That's something that happens and will always happen.

Crayder
You posted everything I posted + a assumption, but thanks for repeating me, I guess.

Has the playerbase lowered from last year to this year? Does anyone have any stats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSaint
View Post
Has the playerbase lowered from last year to this year? Does anyone have any stats?
Crayder and I posted threads with the stats. It's a pretty steady playerbase at ~50,000.
But playerbase isn't my concern, we have developers that are leaving, if people leave and aren't releasing fresh content it makes people feel like the community is dying which will make the community die.
I just want to know if the SAMP mod developers are still active and dedicated themselves.
Cause if so then the community will live on until the next best thing comes along.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSaint
View Post
http://mauzen.org/samp/index.php?stat=players

Notice, the player count has RISEN.

QUIT ASSUMING THE PLAYER COUNTS ARE LOWERING!